Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
- Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
- - potential WRX buyer...few questions (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/potential-wrx-buyer-few-questions-33141/)
potential WRX buyer...few questions
Hey guys, been lurking for a while now and finally decided to make an account and ask a few questions. I've got a 99 maxima that I've driven for 9 years now, and it's about to kick the bucket, so I'm in the market for a new car. Liked the idea of a Subaru for a long time now, and have been excited about the idea of a WRX for a while as well.
1. Upkeep? Is this car easy to work on yourself? Do they eat tires, or if properly aligned/balanced will they keep for a good time?
2. I have a small child. Will the backset fit a carseat? This wouldn't be the primary child transporter in our family, but it would be nice to get a kid in the back from time to time. I'm 6'2" so my seat will need to be all the way back, will the passenger seat have any room left up front with a carseat in back?
3. I'm leaning more towards the wagon because of space, and aesthetic. Can you get any meaningful amount of stuff in the back?
Finally, here's a model I'm going to check out this weekend:
2006 Subaru WRX LIMITED wagon, 76k, Silver, This Subaru is in excellent exterior & interior condition, Leather seats, with hard to find automatic transmission! -- COLD Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Tinted Windows, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Heated Seat, Roof Rack, Clock, Tachometer, Tilt Steering Wheel, Moon roof, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, Keyless Entry, Security System, ABS Brakes, Rear Defogger, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, AM-FM, CD Player, with factory WOOFER, Sport Wheels, good tires, Mobil one oil every 3000 miles. $12500.00 OBO
What say you? Negotiate, keep looking, or run away?
Thanks for the help!
1. I would say yes, oil changes, brakes, stuff along those lines. Depends on your mechanical knowledge. Any set of tires will last if properly aligned, really all depends what tire and how you drive it
2. Yes it will, I don't have kids, but I have had a seat in the back of my 02, fit fine, but I'm also not 6'2 haha. Someone else with kids might wanna chime in on this one, as I don't have to carry kids around all the time
3.It's more like, what can't you get in the back. Wagons FTW!
I think that Wagon is pretty nice, I'd prefer manual, nothing wrong with the AT though, would need to see interior pictures as well as motor, and history of it is a must (carfax, maintenance records). I'm guessing private sale? Depends on where you are located if that price is a fair market price. But there is always room to negotiate I think, it's the American way!
Oh and Welcome to the boards!!
Im about 6'1" i have two kids. My daughter is now old enough that she doesnt need a car seat and she sits behind me comfortably. My son sits behind the passenger side with plenty of room (of course my wife is like 5'3" lol) so plenty of backseat space for kids and carseats
Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
thanks for the info guys, now to convince the wife to let me at least go take a look! apparently she wants something less 'sporty,' so we'll see what i can get away with. i'll report back with more photos (especially of the engine compartment) if/when i'm able to go test drive.
wrx is a great non-sporty sports car. with 4 doors and a hatch it's got some room.. I have a kid and the one thing in my 09 is that the top latch attachment goes all the way to the back of the trunk so it really intrudes the trunk back area space. it does have decent space in there, deffinately better than the trunk of a regular car, not better than bigger hatches like matrix or XB.
It's gonna be sportier than a maxima. Probably not a whole lot faster though since it's an auto and an 06. 200hp v6 fwd 4000lbs vs 225hp turbo H4 3200lbs is gonna be a slight improvement in acceleration but not a ton. and it's gonna be smaller inside and econobox feeling compared to a maxima.
Interior space is way different between the two generations. I'm 6' with two car seats, I put my 2 year old behind me because my 3 year old wouldn't have enough room. But she's going to a booster seat soon so than that wouldn't matter. So I would say the only way kids won't work in the back is if you have twin 3 year olds that are just under booster seat ready.
I will say this, the 2.5l 4EAT is a ton better than the old 2.0l 4EAT. Never understood this until we bought the 07FOZ.
Get a 5 speed. My wife is a lazy driver so the auto was her choice.
BTW... It's a ton faster and torquier than a maxima. Personal experience.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.