PLEASE help a silly n00b! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

WVWRX is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to WVWRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I doubt I will do hardly any engine mods... I am not ever planning on taking the car to the strip. Besides exaust I'll just do just wheels/tires and suspension.
!Laugh! That's what I always said. Then the horsepower tolerance creeps in and you want just a little more. I'm up to a stage 2 and tuning with a UTEC trying to get my AFR right.

The stock WRX is great because it has so much potential.

-Karl

-Karl
Muskegon, MI
'02 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 01:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
me too... my original plans were lightweight crank pulley, short shifter, ic hoses and uppipe... now I have an ej207, upgraded turbo (w/ supporting mods), utec, and meth injection on its way.
post #18 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Blaine is an unknown
Well I would actaully need to sell my Jeep and get a WRX first...

I stoped be a local dealer and they had a sweet WR Blue 04 on the lot... I looked in the window and it was an AUTO!!!
post #19 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
BONE STOCK was the plan for my 02 Wagon. "Im gonna keep it bone stock." Then there is the siren song of "just a little more." "I know it is fast, but it just feel as fast as it used to. I need just one more thing, then it will be done."

It never ends my friend. It can always be a bit faster. I too am a Jeep convert. I had a a 93 Wrangler. Then I wanted something that was bearable for driving on the highway for more than an hour and a half... Then 02 wagon, now a new project car that is the 06 WRX.
post #20 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Blaine is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd4life View Post
BONE STOCK was the plan for my 02 Wagon. "Im gonna keep it bone stock." Then there is the siren song of "just a little more." "I know it is fast, but it just feel as fast as it used to. I need just one more thing, then it will be done."

It never ends my friend. It can always be a bit faster. I too am a Jeep convert. I had a a 93 Wrangler. Then I wanted something that was bearable for driving on the highway for more than an hour and a half... Then 02 wagon, now a new project car that is the 06 WRX.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Jeep... just can't aford to drive it!!!

Money will keep me from going crazy... I am still I college student for another year...

How rare are wingless WRXs?
post #21 of 33 Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

mattyt02wrx is an unknown
My 02 gets about 26 mpg with cobb stage 2. Transmission can be difficult downshifting to first and it makes a grinding noise when I let off the gas between 3k and 4k rpm. However the transmission has been doing this for three years of my hard driving and still works the same as the day I bought it. Just don't launch it!
post #22 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yamaha Racer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Yamaha Racer
Quote:

Money will keep me from going crazy... I am still I college student for another year...

Wingless WRX's are kinda rare, the big thing right now is STi owners trading trunks with WRX owners.

Rob
07 Urban Grey Metallic WRX
post #23 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 10:20 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wingless FTW. Sorry about that, just like that look th best. I told the dealer I didnt want a wing when I got mine, but I got my withonly 9 miles on it. If its at the dealership they might be able to work something out, dont be afraid to ask them.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #24 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 11:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXpart2 is an unknown
I have had 2 '03 WRXs, a sedan first and now a wagon. The sedan was great, just not enough room inside. The wagon is perfect for me because I can put my mountain bike on top and dogs in the back. They can haul alot with the seats down. I have Cobb AP and a TBE with a drop in filter and get about 22-27mpg. The only downside to used is that alot of people are returning there cars to stock to sell them. All the bolt on things are removed and sold seperately, and the ecu is set back to stock parameters. Ask questions from the seller to make sure it is really stock! Good luck, you will love it, and welcome!
post #25 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

WVWRX is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to WVWRX
Quote:

Blaine...just noticed you are in Grand Rapids. I'll keep my eye out for WRXs up here in Muskegon.

-Karl
Muskegon, MI
'02 WRX
post #26 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Blaine is an unknown
I know I said I was only looking at stock WRXs but I foound this on cragislist. what do you guys think?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/457180801.html
post #27 of 33 Old 11-25-2007, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

masterken is an unknown
i hope to be a jeep convert soon. soooo true about the horrible ride on highway, and mpg. i average 10mpg in my 05 rubicon w/ 35"tires and 4.88s. and now it cost around 60 dollars to fill up and last about 250mi. oh... i cant wait to get into a wrx.
post #28 of 33 Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Blaine is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterken View Post
i hope to be a jeep convert soon. soooo true about the horrible ride on highway, and mpg. i average 10mpg in my 05 rubicon w/ 35"tires and 4.88s. and now it cost around 60 dollars to fill up and last about 250mi. oh... i cant wait to get into a wrx.
Sounds like a sweet Jeep, how often do you wheel it? Thats part of the reason I want to sell mine and get a new WRX, I can only really aford to wheel it once a year.
post #29 of 33 Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

masterken is an unknown
well i havent went wheeling since july. well, i snapped an axle shaft at the same time i was going through a work transition, so i was down a few months. but every thing is good now, except mgp and ride. as far as wheeling there is a couple of small local areas where i might spend 30min or so, but went in april for a weekend at ocala natl. forest. pretty fun. other than that the closest places are river rock in GA or tellico in NC so not a whole lot of wheeling down here.
here is a video of my rubi in action in ocala.
http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mble043zw6.flv
post #30 of 33 Old 11-26-2007, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
I know I said I was only looking at stock WRXs but I foound this on cragislist. what do you guys think?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/457180801.html
Although the asking price is kind of high, it looks like a clean car, and the mods are tasteful. I wouldn't mind picking that up for a grand or two less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement