Subaru WRX Forum banner

Paint repair! Please help!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
I recently (830 miles ago) got a 2013 WRB WRX. Pulling into my driveway, the ice on the side of the driveway scratched some of the paint from the rear bumper off. Kind of scuffed some areas around it, too. Those areas look more like only the clear coat was taken. But there's a spot behind the rear tire on the bumper cover that has a piece of paint missing probably the size of a half dollar coin. I read up a little about using duplicolor primer, GrimmSpeed WRB paint, and duplicolor clear coat for minor repairs like this. Do you think I should go that route to save (probably a lot) of money? Or should I take it to a shop to get it done? Also, for the areas that just look dull (no paint missing), would a clear coat application fix that? Any thoughts on the "ProtectAll" service that covers damage to both the exterior and interior? Costs about $530 and has a lifetime warranty. I'm at a loss...just looking for some advice.

#4 ·
Yeah, don't do it yourself. Paint match is not a handy man thing. It took me many paint jobs till I had it down. And don't ever mix brands like that either, 9/10 it won't hold or match right.

Take it to a trust worthy body shop for repair.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.