Subaru WRX Forum banner

Opinions on Wrx i would like to buy

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i posted recently with 2 links of wrx's that i might buy, well they both sold. So no I have came across this one, only 78000 miles, short shifter, tein springs and catback from an STi. It is missing the fog lights and has a carbon fiber hood, obviously. Im just wondering what you all think. Any info is great, thanks.

03 Subaru WRX Black 5spd 78k miles!

#2 ·
first impression: not a bad find

I wonder if this car was garaged during the winter. If not, then I would be curious as to what kind of "trips" has this car routinely seen, and I would check all around the car for signs of rust.

#4 ·
Ask if the 60k maintenance was done, if so, you'll be good until 90k. Every 30k is a semi-major maintenance milestone where just about every wear item on the car gets refreshed. See this link: Subaru maintenance schedules and new car break-in period- 2000 through 2009, links for 2010, 2011...

Also, ask what kind of clutch was installed. If anything other than a stock or stock-equivalent was used, walk away.

Also, ask how much tread is left on the tires. The ad says "good," but that could mean any number of things. Are the tires a reputable name, but crappy model? Are they a good brand and model, but low on tread life? Are they a crappy brand and model, but have plenty of tread left? Use that as a bargaining chip since you have to replace all four tires at the same time on these cars. Tires must all be within 1/32" to 2/32" of each other and they must be the exact same size, make, and model or you will damage your differentials. If the tires need to be replaced, ask to have $500 or so knocked off of the price since that's probably what it will cost you to get new ones. This is especially important with winter quickly approaching.

If everything seems good, go take it for a test drive and see how you like it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.