Subaru WRX Forum banner

Número tres!!

24K views 177 replies 15 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Here we go with the third gen.
Finally!
This build is gonna take a while, but I feel the need for stage two on day two;)

See less See more
#160 ·
I had yellow gallons of dip ordered and a black gallon. Well they were on back order and I waited almost two months so I'm now asking dipyourcar.com for my refund.
That money can now go to a few parts for in the build closet.

My plans for this weekend are empty so I'll be in the garage. It's supposed to be up to 50 degrees too. So headlights!, you're coming out.

Pics to follow;)

#165 ·
Ok, the backing of the beam and the turn signal went universal metallic black from DupliColor
Than the rim around the low was sprayed in a close Blaze Yellow.

I chose to put these parts back in the oven for a few minutes to help the curing process.

(Note) do t spray in a chilly basement or you'll have a hell of a time with your paint wanting to crack on you.
I misjudged temperature and caught my mistake early. Otherwise that might have been brutal. I have a little tattoo studio upstairs where I finished the job.
"Room is sealed off"

I've been on this since before the sun came up and it's now 3:30. The curing time is what gets ya, otherwise this would be a two-three hour chore.

#167 ·
Thanks Brandon. For a first time they came out pretty good. If I didn't do the blaze and just blacked that part out, they'd be 100% perfect. The masking of circles is always a pain.
I ended up finishing just after dark last night. Reassembly of the front end took about fifteen minutes, as I never pull the bumper all the way off. It's just not needed.
I'm loving the look personally too.

Here's a pic I just took at 8:30 AM EST.

#169 ·
Sponsored by McDonald's - ketchup and mustard FOL! I can see it now... golden arches on your doors and a Big Mac across your hood. I'm lovin' it!

Have you thought about masking off your front bumper and spraying the circles around your fog lights yellow to match? That might look cool and it would certainly go with your theme.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.