Subaru WRX Forum banner

Not Sure What To Do

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hawk_eyes_06 
#1 ·
I have recently purchased an 06 wrx with 74,000 mi. When I purchased it, it had a cold air intake (the kind that goes into the fender lining ), BOV, and Vibrant exhaust. I know i want to take the BOV off and put something on thats actually going to do the car good, but I'm just not sure which way to go because for the price of a stock bypass valve, i can just spend the extra 30 for a Cobb. Also i have looked into an accessport after i install the new bypass valve, but im not sure if that will work with the intake i have. I am extremely new to WRXs and Im just not sure what my best options are. Sorry if this has already been covered, again I'm new to this forum. Any help is much appreciated.

#2 ·
first thing id do if i were you is to see what kind of tune you got. if ypou are nor already tuned for those mods i would go directly to a tuner. i believe cobb does not have off the shelf maps for your mods. find out exactly what mods you have and what kind of tune is on there. and when you say vibrant exhaust is that cat back or turbo back? i dont want to overwhelm you right now but we need more info. blow off valves and by pass valves do not need a tune but you are better off getting one that recirculates all the air rather than venting to atmosphere. they sound cool but can mess things up. im sure there are stickies here that will explain.

#4 ·
Its just a catback exhaust. And the BOV is some off brand so that's the main reason im looking to get rid of it, that and its just ridiculous. I just didnt know if i should find an aftermarket bypass valve (if so idk which one) or just buy an OEM one. As far as tunes im pretty sure its never been tuned. Im guessing the owner just slapped a CAI, catback, and BOV on there. Thats why im looking to getting the accessport, but if they dont have a specific map then again im stuck.

#7 ·
You can usually find an oem bpv for about fiddy bucks. A stock intake can also be found used for around the same price. If you want to go this route send me a message and I can guide you through the wonderful world of sourcing cheap used parts online. I'm jelly that you have the same year as mine with less miles. Throw some pics up if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.