Subaru WRX Forum banner

nooby question

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  blaze 
#1 ·
Ok im a noob this is the first turbo car iv owned and its a 04 Sti i was wondering how much boost they have stock and how to tell if it has a boost leak it has a turbo gauge but dont realy know how to read it . And what is a good mod for staters it has a aftermark exhaust .

thnx for all the help

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums. Nice choice in cars.

Anyways, as far as first mods go, you've already got a good start. Next I'd tell you to look into ECU upgrades.

With this decision comes some questions that you need to ask yourself though.

1. Do you want to tune yourself? Are you comfortable with tuning the car?
2. Can you afford dyno time on top of the initial purchase price of the said EM?
3. Do you plan on modding after the purchase of the said EM?

If you don't really plan on modding much more after you get EM, I'd tell you to look into an ECU reflash type of EM. Something like ECUTek is nice and not very pricey.

If you're the type to go crazy and want to mod/tune that bad boy for all that it's worth, go with either the UTEC or the Cobb AP with the Streetuner upgrade.

One final note. If you're asking about EM, then you're not ready for a standalone. Here's a good thing to read concerning Engine Management.

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5016

#4 ·
I have 06 wrx, i want to put a turbo back exhaust on. Now my ouestion is, can install that and drive with out hurting the car. Will my egt afr be to out of wack. I plan to get ecutek soon after, then dyno. I just dont want to wait to get ecutek to put it on, Help please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.