Subaru WRX Forum banner

noob.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BugEyedAWD 
#1 ·
hello...looking to buying one of these beast currently own a srt-4...front wheel drive ftmfl...anyone got any advice when looking at buying one of these i want an 04-05 wrx.
how much can these stock internals handle on the 2.0?

#3 ·
yeah im puching 315 on my srt4 now with a stock turbo.i want 350 if thats being realistic with an fp green turbo some 650's and a pump. how i drive would driving it normal on the street cause i cant get another ticket or else these cops will take that shit away. only would take it to the track and beat on it a little bit.

#5 ·
If its an 04+ srt4. and has decent low miles... I would keep the Srt4.

EDIT: wait... modded? yeah i would definatly just keep the neon. Unless you're really dead set on a WRX. If anything, get an STi. That would be worth your while. It would be about as good as the Neon is right now.

#6 ·
The WRX's transmission limits long before the internals IMHO. I mean, if you are willing to throw in some higher octane (not talking 93) to help spool a large turbo, you can probably get 350whp out of the EJ205 no problem. The transmission though often goes at near-stock levels (~165whp) let alone more than TWICE stock levels.

Note thanks to AWD, WRX's have about 30% drivetrain losses where your SRT-4 is <20%. Also, the EJ205 is only 2.0L so it's about 20% smaller than your motor.

#8 ·
That's bench racing (against the rules) and blind speculation. Stock vs. Stock? Modified vs Stock? Modified vs Modified? Good Driver vs Good Driver? Bad Driver vs Good Driver? Bad Driver vs Bad Driver?

In other words, the discussion is pointless. The 1/4 mile times for both cars are well documented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.