Next mod help - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By psinuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Karan_Kang

Next mod help

So I have a 2010 wrx hatch and I would like input for my next mod or mods my current mods are

Engine:
-PRE Dynotune via Cobb A/P-
-TurboXS Cold Air Intake w/ heat wrap and K&N filter
-RacerX V1 front mount intercooler
-AVO turbo inlet 2.4"
-Perrin Parallel Fuel Rails
-Deatschwerks 850cc Injectors
-Tomioka TD05 20g turbo with 8cm hotside
-3" Catless Downpipe w/ full wrap
-3" Turboback Tanabe Concept G Exhaust
-Grimmspeed Uppipe
-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
-Tial 44mm External Waste Gate
-Grimmspeed 8mm Phenolic Spacers
-Tomioka Air Pump Delete
-Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley
-Excedy 12lb flywheel
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-NGK Iridium 1 step colder spark plugs

Drivetrain:
-Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
-Rallitek f/r Shifter Brushings
-Kartboy Short Throw Shifter

Suspension:
-Rallitek 22mm front sway, 19mm w/ Heavy Duty end links
-BC BR Coilovers
-Ebay front and rear strut tower braces
-Epoxy filled transmission mount
-Drag DR-31 18x9 +20

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Next mods: Gauges (which you should already have given the mods on it now)

Current mods: Both those wheels and coilovers are HORRRIBLE for reliability/performance. The offset on the wheels is too low and that negatively affects reliability, road manners, and performance. The coilovers are cheapies that leave a lot to be desired. They don't handle well (compared to other setups), ride well, and have inherent design flaws.
#3 Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Karan_Kang

I do have gauges and those coilovers and wheels were already on the car before I got them

#4 Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sub14WRX is more helpful than not
Garage
Megan Racing Coilovers arent to bad. They run like 900-1000 bucks.
#5 Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Karan_Kang

Well ive heard from people that have these coils as well and I haven't exactly gotten bad reviews and I do not seem to mind these on my car I think they're not that bad

#6 Old 01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
I don't know much about suspension for these yet, but I'll throw this out there.
You don't mind them and don't think they're that bad because you haven't seen anything different/better, so you don't know better. You know what you've got.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#7 Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Karan_Kang

I guess

#8 Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_Kang View Post
I do have gauges and those coilovers and wheels were already on the car before I got them
Fair enough on the gauges. The first thing I'd replace then would be the wheels. You'll see immediately noticeable gains by running something in a better, Subaru friendly wheel fitment.

Quote:
Well ive heard from people that have these coils as well and I haven't exactly gotten bad reviews and I do not seem to mind these on my car I think they're not that bad
The type that tend to cheap out on coilovers like this aren't the type who typically have the opinion worth listening to since those that do know not to cheap out on suspension parts. With BCs your average users doesn't understand the important features of your suspension and gives a positive review that goes something like "yo bro, I got these coilovers for cheap and they are awesome!". You can find hundreds of positive reviews online for $400-500 Raceland coilovers for the same reason and I'm sure it should be obvious why they would be a poor choice.

No offense to those of you who I know run BCs of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub14WRX View Post
Megan Racing Coilovers arent to bad. They run like 900-1000 bucks.
Megans are worse than BCs. Unfortunately for his platform WRX, there aren't any coilovers on the market in that price range worth getting.
#9 Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oh boy....where to start?
turmic likes this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Karan_Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Fair enough on the gauges. The first thing I'd replace then would be the wheels. You'll see immediately noticeable gains by running something in a better, Subaru friendly wheel fitment.

The type that tend to cheap out on coilovers like this aren't the type who typically have the opinion worth listening to since those that do know not to cheap out on suspension parts. With BCs your average users doesn't understand the important features of your suspension and gives a positive review that goes something like "yo bro, I got these coilovers for cheap and they are awesome!". You can find hundreds of positive reviews online for $400-500 Raceland coilovers for the same reason and I'm sure it should be obvious why they would be a poor choice.

No offense to those of you who I know run BCs of course.

Megans are worse than BCs. Unfortunately for his platform WRX, there aren't any coilovers on the market in that price range worth getting.
Yeah I'll look into the wheels what size and what offset would you recommend running and about the coils I don't think im going to change them just yet but maybe sometime in the future I could get some better ones

#11 Old 01-17-2014, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I'll look into the wheels what size and what offset would you recommend running and about the coils I don't think im going to change them just yet but maybe sometime in the future I could get some better ones
18x8 or 18x8.5 with an offset mid to high +40s.
#12 Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
It looks like you bought this.

2010 Subaru WRX

Be sure to compare your boost gauge to the AP. Prosport gauges aren't highly recognized for their consistency or accuracy. Not all are off, but it's always a good idea to check.
#13 Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
A better offset wheel will actually feel better between the road and your hubs. (Ask me how I know)

As far as another mod worth your time... I'd say a protune.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#14 Old 01-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Karan_Kang

Yeah I did

#15 Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Karan_Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
It looks like you bought this.

2010 Subaru WRX

Be sure to compare your boost gauge to the AP. Prosport gauges aren't highly recognized for their consistency or accuracy. Not all are off, but it's always a good idea to check.
This is actually my ad but yes I did buy it this way a couple of months ago