Subaru WRX Forum banner

newb lookin to buy boost gauge

3K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  trocker21 
#1 ·
ok so i wanted to buy a boost gauge to monitor my turbo, and i found a guy selling one right down the road from me. i know nothing about this stuff and was wondering if this is a good deal for $50, comes with the pod. says it goes to -30-30psi this is all i have to go by. thanks.

[/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
ok so i bought this gauge and pod fer 40 bucks (i know u guys said not to but it was convenient and cheap). i know its missing stuff. just wondering what i need extra to hook this up, or if anyone can point me in the right direction. all i got is what is in the picture.

#4 ·
It's hard to tell from that picture... it looks like it might be electrical. If that's the case, you'll need a "T" fitting to splice into the hose going to your stock bpv, a length of tubing to connect the "T" to the sending unit, a sending unit, wires going from the sending unit to the gauge, one or more fuse taps to get power and whatnot from your fuses, a gauge, and a gauge holder. It looks like you'll at least get some of those parts... let us know when you get the actual gauge. Try to get more details - like what brand, what style gauge, and exactly what parts you were given and we'll go from there.

#5 ·
ok i picked it up already, all i got was the pod and gauge, i ###### will post good pics of it tomorrow. i believe it is a blue led readout. i was thinking of getting it professionally installed, but i didnt think that it was all there. i dont know the make or anything, just a generic gauge and pod. thanks for any info u guys can give.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.