Subaru WRX Forum banner

New WRX owner!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  kdef2 
#1 ·
hey guys, im from Melbourne, Australia. just bought my first wrx! its an 06 in black!

completely stock, but i have a list of mods that i wanna do to the car....

- TurboXS 3' turboback exhaust with hi-flo cat and titanium tip muffler
- Delphi or RC 750cc injectors
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Monsta TMIC 510x195x110mm
- GFB stealth fx BOV
- Apexi power fc with handheld controller
- boost to about 15psi

still dont know what to do for intake?

i've herd of people just putting a aftermarket flat panel air filter and removing the resonator, or getting rid of the airbox all together and installing a cold air intake pipe

ill be expecting about 250hp atw, and run a low 13 second 1/4 mile

what do you think? and whats the best i can do for intake?

See less See more
#3 ·
what do you mean by EM? engine management? i have the apexi power fc listed there, theres prob better ecu's out there for a wrx, ive herd of ECUTEK (i think thats is) and COBB...

but the guy i take my car to really knows the apexi well, he uses it for most cars and does a damn good job!

cheers buddy!

#4 ·
As with my Audi I found all the ECU programming pretty much gets you to the same place. Some may be a bit more choppy and agressive then others, but same stuff. I will have to read up on that Apexi. Nice to have a tuning guru local. You have to post some sound clips when your done! Cheers!

#6 ·
Welcome, nice to have you! My sis is in Aus for school this term, but I have no clue exactly where. Anyways, I don't believe anyone answered your intake question so I will. The stock intake system is good for up to around 300 whp. Save your money and throw a higher performance Drop in Filter. Until you upgrade the turbo (depending on how powerful), there really isn't any need to change out the intake. Great ride by the way.

#9 ·
another thing... this is a bit of a noob question....

i thought i had a VF23 in my car, till i read this...

'Mitsubishi TD04L-13T
(390cfm at 14.7psi, 200-275whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Impreza WRX. It can be found on all the current model years from 2002-2007.'

not sure if USDM and AUDM are the same or not... anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.