New to the site???? Ready to post??? Please Read Me First!!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gmelo30 is an unknown
This site looks good, I am a huge DSM head but I decided to try out something a little newer so I went out and bought my new car, my 03 WRX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

spoolya05 is an unknown
HEY Im new to the subi but im pretty familiar with turbo cars (hondas), I just bought a 05 sti yesterday and so far I love it, its all stock and Im wanting to do some quick bolt on's. The first thing is exhaust, I was reading on here that the first thing people usually do is the uppipe and down pipe, so im gonna start with that. My question is doing these mods will it need to be tunned? Also iv read about the BOVs and Iv heard two diffrent storys about an aftermarket BOV, is it safe to put one on without any major problems? any info will be appreciated. thanks
#18 Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You won't need to change the up-pipe in your car. The reason people changed them was the 02-05 WRX's came with a catalytic convertor in the up-pipe. Since yours is an STi it doesn't have one and there fore doesn't need changed out. Keep the factory BPV unless you are planning on making 24+psi of boost. If you are doing exhaust please get a tune, whether it be with a Cobb Accessport or Open source.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#19 Old 09-28-2011, 04:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

spoolya05 is an unknown
okay, so im planing on getting aftermarket exhaust, bumping up the boost maybe to 16-18psi, and I know you said leave the BPV but I really want that BOV sound. My question is what kind of program would be the best for a street tune?
#20 Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well depends on who is doing the tuning? I use Opensource, but I do all my own tuning as do many others. Cobb is also good, but your looking at several hundreds to get a custom map. Really it's what works best for you.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#21 Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

spoolya05 is an unknown
I have a friend whos really good with tunes but he never tuned a STI, I was looking at the Cobb and it seems like a good program not to bad on the price either. question though, is there a flashback tune with exaust and 17psi or something close to that.
#22 Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolya05 View Post
I have a friend whos really good with tunes but he never tuned a STI, I was looking at the Cobb and it seems like a good program not to bad on the price either. question though, is there a flashback tune with exaust and 17psi or something close to that.
Stage 2 should get you pretty close to that. Go to Cobb's website and read the map nots, it should tell you all of the changes the map makes.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#23 Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

spoolya05 is an unknown
Okay thanks a lot man.
#24 Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Dont put a BOV on a stg2 car, wasting your time and money. If you want/need that sound get the Cobb SRI, or do the snorkus delete on your your stock airbox with a drop in panel filter.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#25 Old 10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

koudkou is an unknown
need help

i owned a 04 wrx and i'm new to stick cars...
my question is my rpm jumps up very high. it goes up as far 5 and 6 just on 1st or 2nd gear. it doesn't do that when i first got it......anything i should worry about or change or get it fixed?......

please help....

thankx
#26 Old 10-14-2011, 06:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ Might be the clutch going.

Try this:

At about 15-20mph put the car in 4th.... floor it.... Do the rpms fly up ? If so, it's your clutch

If not, open your own thread. You will get more dedicated responses

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#27 Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
*Bump*

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#28 Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

walwezzy23 is an unknown
whats up everyone?! i recently sold my stock 06 WRX and i regretted it. luckily i found a great deal on co part for a 06 WRX with only 47k original miles on it, NO fram damage just a decent amount of body work needed, plus new bumber and a left fender. plus it has a few aftermarket upgrades like a intake, GPS navigation system, a short shifter, has a few extra gauges on the side of the driver door, im pretty sure its boost gauges but im not sure can someone please school me on that? also it has a exhaust system in witch the muffle is like a 4inch opening. the clutch seems a lot different from my old stock clutch, seems more stiff but VERY firm plus its shorter distance away from the floor (noob i know!).

by the way i got it for 7k off of the auction put a total of $5k in it but i got it all very pro fixed.

anyway, hope to hear from you guys thanks!
#29 Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Make your own thread with pics.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#30 Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

nhscooby is an unknown
im a noob i have a 02 wrx, will need some help but im happy i have a good forum to look at. And also i have good people help my thru my problems i wiill face with my car!