New to the site???? Ready to post??? Please Read Me First!!! - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
New to the site???? Ready to post??? Please Read Me First!!!

If you're new here take some time to look around and check the site out a little before you submit your first thread or post. This will save you alot of headache when trying to get your question(s) answered.

Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your experience at WRXTuners.com.

1. Familiarize yourself with the rules and policies of the site: This will save you alot of trouble with knowing what's allowed and what isn't. We try not to be too strict when it comes to things, but if you're aware of what's acceptable and what's not, you're less likely to break the rules and have us on you about it. These are located here.

2. Check out the forum descriptions: These are listed after the forums title. This will help you post in the correct forum and save the moderators from having to move threads to their correct forums. It will also help you get the most info for your particular question.

3. Using the search function: This is a touchy subject simply because it's unacceptable for members to just tell you to "do the search". This is how you avoid all of that. Type specific keywords into the search window. This will let the site work for you, instead of having the longer active members getting on your case for not doing so. Click me to perform a search.

Engine Management: (Cobb AP, UTEC, etc...), type either Cobb AP, or simply AP into the search window. If you want info on the UTEC, type TXS UTEC, or simply UTEC.

Exhaust Systems: (Helix, Cobb, Perrin, Borla, etc...) Type in the perspective company's name. Other keywords that might help you would be TBE, or turbo-back exhaust. CB, or cat-back.

This style of searching goes for any part or mod that you can think of. If it's been done, we more than likely have someone that's done it, or knows someone that has.

These are just a couple of examples, but you should get the idea. Another thing that will help you to perform an effective search is to do it in the appropriate forum. You're not going to want to do your search for an exhaust in the handling section, know what I mean?

4. Use descriptive thread titles: Be specific and to the point.

An example of a bad thread title would be: "Newb here, need help". We all know you need some advice, you wouldn't have posted if you didn't.

A better thread title would be something a little more descriptive. More to the point. Something like: "Car runs bad after bov install".

And finally:

5. Type like you have some sense. We're not going to correct you for minor typing errors, but if you're posts/threads are not legible, we will edit them to be so. Please don't be offended, it just helps the members that have been here longer to understand and help you better. This is what we're all here for, to learn and to help one another out.

With all of that out of the way, welcome to the forums and we hope that you enjoy your stay.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 07-15-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

rmilcic is an unknown
Just got a 2007 WRX

Well just went out today and bought my 2007 wrx love every thing about it....
#3 Old 03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCrazy2002 is an unknown
Downpipe/Uppipe difference???

I see that some downpipes/uppipes come with/o the flex part section. Will this flex pipes make a difference. Any information on what PROS OR CONS will I get out of any of these pipes.
#4 Old 05-18-2007, 05:21 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Also, WRXtuners has a reputation system but it only works if you use it!

Hit the button on the left when you read something useful and help make these forums better for all of us.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#5 Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 PM

Garage
and take a look at this diagram before asking lots of exhaust questions (also I put it here so we can all find this easily)

and this diagram is for 02-05s... you 06-07 guys don't have a CAT in your up pipe so no need to worry about that one

#6 Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Van
WRXtuners Member

Van is an unknown
Smile

is there a diagram for 07s?thanks!!!

Last edited by mosc; 06-13-2008 at 09:16 AM.
#7 Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM

Garage
Here is one for the 04+ STi and 06+ WRX. Same except no cat in the uppipe:

This is still a valid exhaust diagram for the 2013 STi and WRX.

Last edited by mosc; 12-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.
#8 Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

DUBGIRL is an unknown
i need help still figuring out how to post threads and such could you please help me!
#9 Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBGIRL View Post
i need help still figuring out how to post threads and such could you please help me!
Right hand corner on each forum page that lists the threads is a blue oval button that says "new thread".It's right next to the "search first" button and over top the "forum tools" button.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#10 Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
I just read it! Wish me luck on here!
#11 Old 03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

dwaters2005 is an unknown
Hi Mosc, my name is David, I have a 2005 WRX 2.0- Thanks for the exhaust diagram. this car is out of warranty 79k on the mileage. and ready for a few Choice upgrades. the exhaust being the item i need to know as much as possible. I will not be racing the car per- say, but the next time a Mustang Gt wants to dance I want to be dancing with the stars. In your opinion, is this the first step?Thanks in advance
#12 Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, upgrading the exhaust is usually the first step. You should aim for a basic "Stage 2" setup: aftermarket downpipe + Stage 2 ECU reflash. Look for a decent bellmouth-style downpipe (preferably one with a high-flow catalytic converter). If you choose to upgrade the cat back as well (do this for added looks and sound, not added power - it doesn't really add much power... the stock downpipe is where the real restriction is), you'll have a complete turbo-back exhaust, or tbe. So, if you choose, pick up a cat back that you like the look/sound of and finally, get some type of Stage 2 tune on your car. This can be done via Cobb AccessPORT, tactrix cable & opensource map, or a custom tune from any number of professional speed shops. More info can be found on these topics here: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Edit: also, since your car is a pre-06 model, your up pipe has a catalytic converter in it - which is located just before your turbo. When you start adding power, especially on cars with higher mileage, the cat in your up pipe can break down and send bits into your turbo, sometimes causing catastrophic turbo/engine failure. So for you, upgrading to a catless up pipe is a popular safety mod.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#13 Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

dwmusser is an unknown
Is there a diagram of the intake/exhaust for the 08+ WRX? I recently purchased a 2010 WRX.
#14 Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 PM

Garage
It's basically the same as the second one shown here.

#15 Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Miltdog is an unknown
Thanks for this site. I can see much work has gone into it. I'm a BRAND newbie (be gentle ) sti owner (2010 SE) converted from 20 years of being a Jeep guy. Know next to nothing about my new rig, but will learn much from the knowledge base here. Just wanted to say hello and give some props to your freshly bookmarked site.

P.S. Can I have some money? If I hang out here too much, I'm going to need lots!! I'm already scheming my customization plan (sigh)!