Subaru WRX Forum banner

New problem

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  gotsubie04? 
#1 ·
i just put my tmic back on with stock turbo, fuel pump, injectors. Well i finally got it to idle smooth and i go to test drive it and I can't go past 40 mph, it just doesn't have any more power like it has a governor on it or something, I'm about to go burn it somewhere that's how feed up i' am with it, if anyone can help or has any ideas, please llet me and save me from blowing my wrx up, thanks

#3 ·
they weren't off just stating that they are stock parts, well the old problem was that when i started my car, it wasn't idling like it should RPM's keep going up and down and the boost wouldn't go pass 0 on the boost gauge, well now i checked all my line and checked the senors, when i started the car today did still had the idling problem then i reved it up a bit and it seemed to idle a little smoother than before, i went to take it for a drive once i hit 2nd gear it would go pass 40 mph and on the boost gauge it was still at 0, i have gone throw the car and i've given it all my thoughts and i can't figure it out my next step is to take it to the dealership and have them fix it, but i'm gonna feel like a real idiot if its something simple and pay out the ass for something i could've done, if you have more questions just let me know.

#9 ·
who installed the fuel pump? im willing to bet you it was put in wrong and or theres a gasket and or o-ring missing do the fuel just keeps on circulting in the tank... ive done it before i was missing the o-ring and the damn thing wouldnt go past 30mph and was sputtering like hell.... check the pump..

#11 ·
You don't give enough detail to what happens when it's being held to 40 or so. I could also be a leak around your intercooler area. When I had a leak on my IC pipe, everything felt fine until i tried to rev it past 4krpm. The air would just escape out the area it was leaking.

#12 ·
yeah im with vew...i had a cut in my intercooler piping and the idle was real messed up and wouldnt let me go past like 3500 i would take of the intercooler and check the piping, does your car have any codes?....also try unpluggin the maf so it goes into like a fail safe mode and see if it idles better

#14 ·
check your turbo first bc if it is going down you have seriouse issues....

then i would check your waste gate or blow off valve.. If it is sticking open it will cause everything you have... from your idling problem to no boost which equals no power...

If there are any codes then that will tell you that it is in the control circuits (control cylenods )..... with no codes then it could be the valve itself... the cars computer will have a hard time knowing that the valve is faulty

if it was my car i would look at codes; then boost leak; then vacuum leaks..then valves(blow off and waste gate)...
Does it smoke? how long has it been doing it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.