New and need urgent advice! 2014 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By brfatal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BritishTutorKSA is an unknown
New and need urgent advice! 2014

Hi, I am new to this Forum and would like some advice. I am in KSA and so the prices can be high. But here is the car I am thinking of buying.

Sporty Car: Subaru Impreza WRX / STi - 4WD - Turbo | Subaru Cars for sale in Ar Riyad, Al Rawdhah - Buy Used Subaru in Ar Riyad, Al Rawdhah - Classifieds

If it doesn't come up then please search in Google for;

Subaru Impreza WRX STi 1994 green KSA bey3.com

He swapped the 1994 engine with a 1999. He is about to changed the ECU Engine Control Unit.

I would like some advice so that I can decide whether to buy it or not as my first Subaru.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I've never understood how people have the audacity to say stuff like:
"340k ODO (Not real since the engine was swapped)10K is the real reading."

It's not like the rest of the car except the engine doesn't have 340k km. The engine isn't the only thing that develops wear. The car has 211,000 miles on it. A lot of other stuff will need maintenance, repair, or replacement. I can't speak for pricing because I don't know what the cars run out there, but I would pay less than the average going price for cars like that due to the mileage.
Brockton likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

In KSA, Petrol is the cheapest in the world at SR 0.5per per Litre = $ 0.13 per litre!!!
For small things like maintenence and small fixes and car washes etc.... it's very cheap.
Spare parts are available and cheap, just major repairs and new parts might be costly.
I just can't find any other decent turbo Subaru for sale since 3 months now.
Still need some more advice on this car advertised as I have had a chat with the owner and he told me that due to a turbo it uses a certain oil that needs to be added every 2000KM's and just needs general maintainence and that the car has been worked on alot but is resiliant and reliable not to mention enjoyable to drive.
I don't intend to travel alot with the car and when I do I prefer to take precautions and rest the car every 1 hour at a service station for 15-20 minutes. It will be mainly used to go back and forth work with 2 shifts, 5 days a week and that's only a KM away from my place, then you have the general use for shopping and so on.
I am prepared to make small repairs for wear and tear monthly and improve some issues and even later get it tuned at a performance tuning centre if possible and proffesional.
I was told by a friend that due to it not been used for a year now it will be not in good condition. How true is this? Thank you.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishTutorKSA View Post
I am prepared to make small repairs for wear and tear monthly and improve some issues and even later get it tuned at a performance tuning center if possible and professional.
I was told by a friend that due to it not been used for a year now it will be not in good condition. How true is this? Thank you.
To answer your question, it can be bad for an vehicle to sit for a year. If the car was stored in a garage and the fuel was drained before it was put into storage you should be OK. If it was stored in the driveway with a half tank of gas then you may need to run a few preventative tasks before driving the car. First i would recommend draining the fuel tank, stale fuel can gel and cause problems with the fuel system. I would use a fuel system cleaner with a fresh tank of top tier fuel and let it idle until it warms up to running temp. while its warming up i would check all the visible lines for fatigue or leaks, check/ replace the brake fluid and coolant if needed. Really its just a matter of going through the car with a fine tooth comb. after that you should be good to go.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #5 of 5 Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thank so much for your advice and I will speak to the owner about this and see if he has already done it or not and then see from there. Thank you so so much.