New guy here - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostedDrew is an unknown
New guy here

Hey all. I'm Drew, and I suppose I'm the new kid at the lunch table.

I live in Indianapolis, and I'm the proud owner of an 04 WRB WRX sedan. I've had her for about 2 years now, and the car still puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

Purchased it completely stock from a dealership in the Northern Chicago area, and it didn't stay that way for long..

Anyways, on to pics as I'm too lazy to put a mod list. Looking forward to being a part of this community. Seems to be a great forum.

Everyone always asks my wheel/tire specs, so I'll list those right away; 17x9 +30 Rota Grids wrapped in 245/45 RE760's

A couple of recent iPwn pics in the snow

Last edited by BoostedDrew; 12-30-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
+30 is way aggressive, but you already know that and it's your choice.
Snow pics are defiantly cool man, welcome to WRXTuners!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
+30 is way aggressive, but you already know that and it's your choice.
Snow pics are defiantly cool man, welcome to WRXTuners!!
Oh yes haha. I actually didn't even want wheels that aggressive when I was shopping for a new set last summer. I wanted 17x9 +42's, but a buddy of mine decided to get rid of these, and I couldn't pass up the deal. Believe it or not, they fit without a single issue once I got a fender roll and a wee bit more negative camber.

Thanks for the welcome! Love your blaze yellow bugeye. I've really had a strong urge lately to trade my car for a sonic yellow one.
#4 Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Nice car. One thing... Didn't your momma tell you to go tall and skinny for tires in the snow? j/k Nice ride.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#5 Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Cool pics!

I have 17x9 +42s and the same size tires, but a different brand/model... yours look much bubblier than mine though.

John
07 WRX
#6 Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidrat View Post
Nice car. One thing... Didn't your momma tell you to go tall and skinny for tires in the snow? j/k Nice ride.
Yeah, about that.. I made the huge mistake of selling my winter setup over the summer. In the process of buying a new winter/RallyX setup. Oh hai white steelies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Cool pics!

I have 17x9 +42s and the same size tires, but a different brand/model... yours look much bubblier than mine though.
A buddy of mine runs 245/45's on his STi, and we noticed the same thing. RE760's must run a bit tall. I know when I ran Star Specs on my old summer setup, they always seemed to run wide.
#7 Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
There's a sonic for sale in Georgia I think. A real nice one too for a good price. It's over on nasioc right now

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#8 Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#9 Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Heh, actually I take that back... mine are 245/40's, not 245/45's. My apologies, I wasn't paying attention. They are Star Specs though.

John
07 WRX
#10 Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
There's a sonic for sale in Georgia I think. A real nice one too for a good price. It's over on nasioc right now
I'll look into that. I'm in the market for a new hatch, but I'd love to grab a sonic bugeye. Perhaps I'll try to convince the gf to buy it for her daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Welcome
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Heh, actually I take that back... mine are 245/40's, not 245/45's. My apologies, I wasn't paying attention. They are Star Specs though.
Nice choice. I've decided to go back to Star Specs this summer, and drop to a 245/40. I'd like to go lower, and these tires are hindering that.