Subaru WRX Forum banner

New to forums and Subaru!

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jpswrx 
#1 ·
2015 Wrx
Only have 2200 miles on it and loving it. I tinted the windows with 20%.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks right now I plan on keeping it stock, but that's what everyone probably says. lol. I want to replace all lights with LEDs. I would like to get a short throw shifter with brushing and an exhaust down the road.

Thanks to every one else for the welcome

#8 ·
Hey if you need a hand with any of your LED conversion let me know. Ive been in the electronics world a long time and Im glad to help.

Keep in mind that just because they look whiter doesn't necessarily mean they are brighter than incandescents. Things like turn signals and reverse lamps need to be brighter. When your ready to start swapping bulbs let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

#10 ·
Cool, lets dive right in then.

First off lets get the LED headlights concepts out of the way. Very few companies make drop in LED headlamps that are safe for road use so lets work on getting you some fog lamps that match the color ton of your headlights.

First off do you have factory HID headlights? If so then you are looking for 4200k fog lamp bulbs. Sylvania makes "ultra" bulbs that are pretty white but I see them fail about 3x as often as standard bulbs. Philips makes an extreme vision thats about 3800k and a crystal vision thats right around 4500k. If you dont have the factory HID headlamps then I would prefer to buy a set of bulbs from the same line and replace all 4 at the same time to make sure everything is copacetic.

As for turn signals you will need a relay to control for hyper flash ( very fast flashing due to lower LED resistance ) This thread I setup a while back has lots of details about switchback LEDs and there is a link on the bottom for the amazon seller that I am currently using. http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f73/led-switchback-turn-signals-43593/

As for Interior LEDs I always look for SMD LEDs, they are mounted directly to circuit boards rather than being dome shaped liks classic LEDs. They produce a considerable ammount more light but the trade off is heat so you might want to consider how long they will be on and your specific use before you swap all the interior lights with SMD arrays. In my 13 I have a 50xSMD array in my center dome light and 2x 9xSMD arrays in the map lights. here is a link to a similar panel to the one I am using. Just amke sure you pup the dome cover off and measure before you buy. http://www.amazon.com/White-Interio...8396&sr=8-1&keywords=SMD+LED+panel+automotive

Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.