Subaru WRX Forum banner

New 2014 WRX now what

5K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
I wanted one of these bad boys since i was around 10 so I finally went and grabbed one just happened to be new. So where do I start now...is there Bras for these or just go with the clear ones, also how do you get the XM radio to work is there something you need to buy and install or can you just start it up online?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice! Looks great. Welcome to the forum. Do you have the xm server already installed with the antenna? If you do you have to get the number/letters combo from station 1 or 0 and create an account on the xm/sirious site, pick a plan, put in your info and that number off the radio or paper that came with it, send the signal the radio wait a bit 15-20 minutes and enjoy commercial free radio.would get clear bra installed if you're looking to do something like that.

#10 ·
window tint, shift knob, de-badge the trunk because it's so cluttered with all that chrome badging, rally armor mud flaps, rims. Those things shouldn't void any warranty. That's all I cant think of at the moment.

I also installed the factory trunk sub which is plug and play and very easy install and fits nicely in the side of the trunk and has pretty good sound. I did that when i installed my xm receiver/antenna. Also did the under the dash aka footwell illumination lights under the dash when i did the xm and sub, again those are plug and play as well if you get the subie ones. But if you did these yourself and you run into an issue down the road they would probably give you hard time about warranting it. I installed them myself, I'm fully capable of doing it, the dealer charges too much to do when I can do it and know it's done right and I am happy with it.

I remember when I bought my car, I was fully against any mods because I didn't want to void my warranty after a year I got over that feeling and went stage 2 over the summer FOL!

EDIT: I don't know how you feel about the chrome/silver fender badges but you can plasidip them or I bought the new badges from the 2013 tangerine special edition and replaced them. They are just stuck on with 3m tape.

here is my build thread if it helps with any ideas or thoughts. it's nothing crazy.

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/new-site-2012-wrb-wrx-35729/

#15 · (Edited)
Rally Armor also has a new "basic" mud flap that is a 1/3rd the price of their URE items. I'll get the basic item for my '04 WRX now, but I've used their URE flaps on my STi and they are great. Pricey, but great.

Rally Armor Basic Mud Flaps Black Logo Subaru Impreza 2008-2011 (inc. 2008-2010 WRX) MF6-BAS-BLK at RallySportDirect.com

By the way, nice purchase, nice color and welcome to the forums.

I recommend getting involved in driving your fine machine, before modding it much. You now have unlimited access to Autocross, Navigation Rallys, Performance Driver Training and Lapping Days in which to enjoy your fine auto the way it was meant to.

Attachments

#25 ·
I had the rally Armor basics on my 02.
Now I have ones a local guy cut for me outta belt and I almost like them as much as my RA's.
He only charges $30. Which sounded just right at that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.