Nathan's Build on 11 Mad Rex - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 10-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
59,500 miles, and I think I will be stuck out of pocket for car payment n now having to take another repair bill, maybe I can see if they can threw a APv3 in there with the repair

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
I know the feeling Nathan! 2 days after I bought my wrx it threw a CEL that took 2-3 for the dealer to correct.

As you just bought the car, it may be worth it to take it back to the place you bought it to see if they will cover it, just my .02

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
#33 Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Yeah why you thinking you're gonna be paying outta pocket? You've had it for a week. There's no way they'd do nothing for you. That dealership looks pretty official in the background and not just a nobody.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#34 Old 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Because the sold the car "as is" because they wanted to charge me so much in money for the warranty it wasn't even worth it
I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said its my problem they can't help me
I called actual Subaru snd gave them my VIN and they said the pre owner has a 6yr/100k but they don't know if that has rolled over to me or not yet because its only been 4 days.

But I just tried again at the dealer and they r going to call me back Monday so lets cross our fingers they fix it on this 30day\ 1k warranty

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#35 Old 10-12-2013, 04:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Oh geez...hopefully they can fix it. That sucks.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#36 Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Ok so, if I am having a major rod knock, and I am getting a fine mist of oil inside my engine bay, and very very slow oil drip on the ground of my garage, could this mean the rod went threw the block, just a rumor I herd so I wanted to see what u guys thought
If this is true that means I will need a new block huh?

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#37 Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Umm...I'm confused how it could go through your block. If it went anywhere it would go down into the oil pan or it'd would've had to squeeze past a piston to go up. If it fell into the oil pan you'd have a complete miss and not a knock. Plus your engine wouldn't be running more than likely.
Nathan21 likes this.

Kirt
#38 Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Makes sense Kirt, I dont hear the knock when in idial, when it goes over 1300 rpm then u hear it, also when in idial it will almost stall sitting there but then pop right back to normal

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#39 Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

texasmr2 is a helpful contributing member
Can I assume you did not have a PPI performed before you committed to the purchase?
#40 Old 10-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
They actually had results for me when they got the car in 2 months ago

UPDATE:
Subaru said I have only 450 miles of warranty left on power-train!! so it will be going in, in the morning
the RIOT act likes this.

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!

Last edited by Nathan21; 10-14-2013 at 02:56 PM.
#41 Old 10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

anoo105 is an unknown
yeeesh, good luck dude.
#42 Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bad bearing it sounds like...

Kirt
#43 Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

texasmr2 is a helpful contributing member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
They actually had results for me when they got the car in 2 months ago.
Although you purchased the car, a trade-in I assume, from a dealership it was not a Subaru dealership but that does not matter either way. I have purchased several vehicles over the years from dealerships and two of those vehicles came from a dealership I once worked for and trust and I know all the techs and the used vehicle techs so I would speak with them directly but the sale depended upon my own mechanics findings. $100 for a PPI from your personal and highly trusted mechanic is worth it's weight in gold.

I am in no way hounding you or saying you did it wrong and Thank God you still have some warranty left .

Let us know what the outcome is ok? She is such a beautiful car and I know your just dying to get her back to 100%.

Gregg

PS,
If the issue is a spun bearing they will have to drop and tear down the engine so imho this would be a good opportunity for you to install a set of forged pistons. I had JE's in my MR2T and the good thing was that the piston set also included rings. Some times what seems to be a set back is actually a good thing in the long run.

http://www.jepistons.com/Catalogs/Sp...aru/ej257.aspx
#44 Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmr2 View Post
Some times what seems to be a set back is actually a good thing in the long run.
I totally agree with this! My first WRX was a modded auto 02. I was so excited to get it. Shortly after I purchased it I blew the rear diff. Dealer fixed it for me. Then after that I had cel's popping up left and right followed by me hydrolocking the engine due to my cai in a monsoon. I was bummed at the time but, it all led me to buying a brand new 06 off the showroom floor that I still love today as much as I did when I first saw it. Not saying you will end up having to get another car but, whatever happens could be a blessing in disquise. Good luck!

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#45 Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmr2 View Post
$100 for a PPI from your personal and highly trusted mechanic is worth it's weight in gold.

I am in no way hounding you
Gregg

PS,
If the issue is a spun bearing they will have to drop and tear down the engine so imho this would be a good opportunity for you to install a set of forged pistons. I had JE's in my MR2T and the good thing was that the piston set also included rings. Some times what seems to be a set back is actually a good thing in the long run.
No hounding taken, tough love is how I look at it hahaha
Also my personal shop was over 150miles one way so that was out of the question, it's a 3 hr drive in Cali traffic one way.

Also if they r going to take it apart, would subaru go ahead and install these pistons for me if I brought them to them?!?!

P.s. won't I need a tune for the pistons?

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!