Subaru WRX Forum banner

Nathan's Build on 11 Mad Rex

21K views 191 replies 19 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Alright here are a few more like promised

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
I know the feeling Nathan! 2 days after I bought my wrx it threw a CEL that took 2-3 for the dealer to correct.

As you just bought the car, it may be worth it to take it back to the place you bought it to see if they will cover it, just my .02

#34 ·
Because the sold the car "as is" because they wanted to charge me so much in money for the warranty it wasn't even worth it
I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said its my problem they can't help me
I called actual Subaru snd gave them my VIN and they said the pre owner has a 6yr/100k but they don't know if that has rolled over to me or not yet because its only been 4 days.

But I just tried again at the dealer and they r going to call me back Monday so lets cross our fingers they fix it on this 30day\ 1k warranty

#36 ·
Ok so, if I am having a major rod knock, and I am getting a fine mist of oil inside my engine bay, and very very slow oil drip on the ground of my garage, could this mean the rod went threw the block, just a rumor I herd so I wanted to see what u guys thought
If this is true that means I will need a new block huh?

#37 ·
Umm...I'm confused how it could go through your block. If it went anywhere it would go down into the oil pan or it'd would've had to squeeze past a piston to go up. If it fell into the oil pan you'd have a complete miss and not a knock. Plus your engine wouldn't be running more than likely.

Reactions: Nathan21
#38 ·
Makes sense Kirt, I dont hear the knock when in idial, when it goes over 1300 rpm then u hear it, also when in idial it will almost stall sitting there but then pop right back to normal

#43 ·
They actually had results for me when they got the car in 2 months ago.
Although you purchased the car, a trade-in I assume, from a dealership it was not a Subaru dealership but that does not matter either way. I have purchased several vehicles over the years from dealerships and two of those vehicles came from a dealership I once worked for and trust and I know all the techs and the used vehicle techs so I would speak with them directly but the sale depended upon my own mechanics findings. $100 for a PPI from your personal and highly trusted mechanic is worth it's weight in gold.

I am in no way hounding you or saying you did it wrong and Thank God you still have some warranty left :) .

Let us know what the outcome is ok? She is such a beautiful car and I know your just dying to get her back to 100%.

Gregg

PS,
If the issue is a spun bearing they will have to drop and tear down the engine so imho this would be a good opportunity for you to install a set of forged pistons. I had JE's in my MR2T and the good thing was that the piston set also included rings. Some times what seems to be a set back is actually a good thing in the long run.

http://www.jepistons.com/Catalogs/Sport-Compact/Subaru/ej257.aspx

#49 ·
It would never hurt to ask, the dealer I got mine from knew full well the car I bought was modified, then returned to stock and traded in before got it. They still gave me a warranty and have fixed a fair amount o it without question.

#50 ·
Ok, so I asked if they would, since the car is being repaird under warranty they cant do something that would void warranty. if the repair wasn't being made under warranty and the car doesn't have warranty left, they would have been more then happy to install them for me.

#51 ·
At least that's a logical explanation, the dealer can't void the warranty because it would leave them liable if anything happened. Which makes no sense because those pistons are stronger and you only have 450 miles left on the warranty.

#55 ·
Alright guys, today the final verdict will be set on my car on the major problems BUT!!! the dealer that sold me the car, called subaru and tried twisting everything I was saying to subaru, SUBARU IS PISSED at that dealer, and doing a 100% screening on my car and fixing every little thing that doesn't even have to be fixed even if it isn't under warranty and going to give 100% of the bill to that dealer!! Subaru 1-Fiat 0
Also... Subaru is so mad I talked them into writing me a check for a Cobb AP V3!! so can anyone guess what I am buying right now!!!

#56 ·
Final Verdic!!!
Ok, so here is what's up,
Two cracked pistons, broken rod, stamped block, two valves stuck open, clutch blown out, need new flywheel, needs new throb barring, new spark plugs, turbo shaft play. Pretty much the pre owner raced the hell out of this car, but they can't find anything about having any aftermarket stuff on it?

#61 ·
Mine was a "pre-owner certified" as well, but I got you beat, I made it 3 days and no CEL code haha just messed up engine!!

And Adam fiat isn't doing anything!!! Subaru is the one helping me out and forcing Fiat to pay for everything!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.