my new 02 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
my new 02 wrx

I just got my new car last sun and currently waiting to get it on the road. I cant wait! it has a cobb stage 2 tune, cobb short-shifter, vf39 turbo, new up pipe, hks high power exhaust, turbosx bov, and i have a spt cold air thats not on it yet. and yes thats another set of wheels for the car that will soon be gold. Here are some pics, lmk what cha think
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
I hope all of this is tuned for it. Do you have the COBB AP? Check out their maps, It doesn't call for a BOV or intake. Unless it is PROTUNED for it then I am wrong.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner ready View Post
I hope all of this is tuned for it. Do you have the COBB AP? Check out their maps, It doesn't call for a BOV or intake. Unless it is PROTUNED for it then I am wrong.
i have the tuner and it has a map on it. And the intake isnt on it.
post #4 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
The only thing you need to do is basically get rid of the BOV. You don't really need it and it is illegal to vent any air in the engine. Good looking car, just need to get new rims :P.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
SPT is a pretty safe option. It should be a SRI, SPT doesn't make a CAI. It's pretty much Cobb's design anyways. The only thing is why are you running a Stage 2 map? Nevermind....I think your saying your map is StreetTuner mod'd. But, I'd still think the VF39 map with a STI TMIC and pinks would probably run better than what your currently running. *shrugs* Nice car and color. I hope she treats you right and congrats on the new ride.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
SPT is a pretty safe option. It should be a SRI, SPT doesn't make a CAI. It's pretty much Cobb's design anyways. The only thing is why are you running a Stage 2 map? Nevermind....I think your saying your map is StreetTuner mod'd. But, I'd still think the VF39 map with a STI TMIC and pinks would probably run better than what your currently running. *shrugs* Nice car and color. I hope she treats you right and congrats on the new ride.
i have the 05 sti injectors for it. There 550 would 5cc really make that much of a diff? all i need is the o-rings for them. then i should run this map?

VF39-D 91oct VF39 turbo, STi TMIC, Deastchwerks 565cc injectors & Turboback exhaust using 91 octane. 341HP (+50%) / 289lb-ft (+33%)

And where can i get my car on a dyno in cny and what r the usual costs
post #7 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
That's 15cc off. Not 5, but anyways. Do you have a STI TMIC? If no...then I wouldn't run that map. Hmm...I think the pinks are used because you need top feed injectors and the USDM STI 04-06 injectors are side feed. (read:not compatible) You're also looking at a deatschwerks map and not the pink map. Same results...but, i'm sure there is a reason they made two different maps.

VF39-S 91oct VF39 turbo, STi TMIC, STi "Pink" 565cc injectors & Turboback exhaust using 91 octane. 341HP (+50%) / 289lb-ft (+33%)

Great example pages I use to look at the differences in injectors are the following. Mostly from JSC Speed links:
DeatschWerks 02-09 WRX & 04-09 STi Top-Feed & Side-Feed 550-850cc Fuel Injectors, JSC Speed 02-09 WRX & 04-09 STi Fuel System
Blouch Turbo Inc. - Our performance turbo parts
2002-2009 WRX & 2004-2009 STi Fuel Rails, Injectors, Pumps, Regulators, & Components, JSC Speed
WRX Fuel injector sizing guide STi Fuel injector sizing guide Lgt fuel injector sizing guide, JSC Speed
post #8 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Quote:
That's 15cc off. Not 5, but anyways. Do you have a STI TMIC? If no...then I wouldn't run that map. Hmm...I think the pinks are used because you need top feed injectors and the USDM STI injectors are side feed. (read:not compatable) You're also looking at a deatschwerks map and not the pink map. Same results...but, i'm sure there is a reason they made two different maps.

VF39-S 91oct VF39 turbo, STi TMIC, STi "Pink" 565cc injectors & Turboback exhaust using 91 octane. 341HP (+50%) / 289lb-ft (+33%)
hahaha i cant read or count i guess. but would all that make a big diff or is that just to get the hp that they say you will make? oh and the car peaks at 18.5 psi and levles off at 16 or 14 i cant remember
post #9 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well, I edited my post a couple of times. You can't use the 05 STI injectors....they're side feed. Your car needs top feed injectors. Again...you don't have to go this route. I was just saying your so close to it...you might as well. Plus, the STI TMIC is needed for the map. Heh...its your car. Do what you want with it.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
i was going off the top of my head sorry. i just checked out the box and there 07s. i just got teh car and i got all this new info im trying to get stright its hard to do

here i got a pic and thx for the help so far all this gets a lil confusing
Attached Images

post #11 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Your in the clear then. They should be close enough. Just need the STI TMIC, then your golden.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Quote:
Your in the clear then. They should be close enough. Just need the STI TMIC, then your golden.
badass thanks alot man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement