My First Performance Mods - Where to start and how far to go? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjack View Post
Alright I see where you are coming from. Maybe ill hold off on the CBE and see how the car sounds with the aftermarket DP and go ahead and look into the sway bars instead. On a side note, there are no drawbacks to putting in silicone hoses for looks and smoother airflow right? Id be cool to spice things up under the hood.
Dp will not give you sound on the stock axel backs. Get a nameless axel (I don't suggest the delete if u plan on a dp)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
I'd say with the CBE your gonna be sitting around 310ish yes. But you can spend the $800+ from the CBE on some MUCH needed tranny and suspension mods, still have the AP and DP and take a very minor loss in the HP you would've gained from the CBE. Without the CBE you're probably gonna be sitting around 285ish. For that minimal loss I personally think your money is a lot better spent in other areas like the tranny or suspension. But again, if the CBE is something you want then roll with that too. But I'm just saying that IMO 25-30hp from a CBE is not worth $800+. Our cars are starving for a TiC Super Shifter set or some F/R sways and links. Now that there is money well spent...IMO

If I am not interested in a short shifter at this point, would you recommend replacing the bushings and get the TiC Holy Set: 06-08 5MT Holy Shift Kit (Wide) (it is really hard to find reviews on this)

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#33 Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Just doing bushings would absolutely be good, and the TiC kits are great! But you have to disconnect the shifter to do some of the bushings so it wouldn't be a bad idea to just do it all at once. It's a pretty easy upgrade though so doing just the shifter later wouldn't be a biggie really either.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#34 Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Premium Member

Garage
And I don't think that kits for your car. The guys at TiC are great though and if you contact them they'll help you get what you need.

#35 Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSummer View Post
Stock mid pipe is good for up to approx 350 whp. You can get an axel back thru naneless for between 300-500 depending on what I add to it. I say get an axel back if your on a budget and put the mid pipe cash to a new dp. Cobb ap+axel back+catted dp for approx 1300. Not bad for stage 2 IMO. look on nasioc's classifieds for an unmarried ap. I no there are a couple naneless axel backs for sale and a dp. You're all set then my friend

Alrighty thanks. So your saying until I am lookin for more than 350hp, an ABE is the way to go since the stock midpipe does not need to be replaced? I dont know anyone who has an ABE so I didnt even consider this option (not knowing much about the stock setup). Any downside in getting a unmarried AP? How would I know its actually unmarried and could I get scammed? I am not familiar with how that works or even what a unmarried AP should cost. I appreciate the post, ill definately look into it!

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#36 Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
Quote:
And I don't think that kits for your car. The guys at TiC are great though and if you contact them they'll help you get what you need.

Yea the link says its for 06-08 but on the TiC site, it said for the 2008+ so I didnt know. Cool another mod I can look into soon and it doesnt look like it cost much at all

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#37 Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Nope not expensive at all. I know where you can get the whole super shifter set for only $185!! That's cheap $$ for a much needed upgrade on the WRX. But you can always get the Kartboy shifter later if you want too. It'll just obv cost more if bought individually later.

#38 Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

Garage
On a side note: See how modding talk turns into a snowball effect?! What are you up to now?.?.5-6 mods. And you wanted to keep it simple !! That's what we all say at first...

#39 Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
Quote:
On a side note: See how modding talk turns into a snowball effect?! What are you up to now?.?.5-6 mods. And you wanted to keep it simple !! That's what we all say at first...

haha no kidding! Well ive already learned a ton from you guys and I have found myself interested and on this forum more than I should be here at the office...

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#40 Old 04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Premium Member

Garage
You can tell by my forum trolling I'm just as bad. It's not my fault work is boring lol!

#41 Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
If only I worked on cars for a living haha and yea id be interested in where to find that TiC super shifter set for $185

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#42 Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
JJ_Patterson on NASIOC. He works for Direct Performance.

#43 Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjack is an unknown
Thanks I'll get in touch with him. Do you have the short shifter in your ride, how hard is it to replace yourself?

Kris - 2012 WRX Limited
#44 Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I don't but its my very next mod that's for sure, followed by sways and links. And I've watched videos of it on YouTube for the WRX and it looks pretty easy honestly.

#45 Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Super easy, thanks for allowing me to read three pages of a thread that's only a day old... FOL

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew