Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 2013 WRX is hungry for mods

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Hi all. I've had the car since August of last year and haven't added any mods yet. Was going to pick up a Cobb AP this week but I've been hesitant. I have warranty on my car and didn't want to go crazy with HP, but is this a good first place to start and do dealerships go crazy about this? I think my dealership is mod friendly. They've partnered with our local Subie aftermarket parts store.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums,

As for mods this is a great place to start, http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/what-do-first-59649/

On my 2013 the biggest improvement I found from a single part was from the grimmspeed master cylinder brace, It took a lot of the flex out of the stock braking system and made aggressive driving considerably more comfortable.

On the topic of the accessport, There are no ways to mod your vehicle and produce more power that the dealership wont be able to figure out if you bring it in for warranty support. That said the burden is on the dealership to prove that the failure was caused by the parts you installed and there is no blanket "Voided Warranty" For example if you have aftermarket suspension and a piston cracks then your warranty would cover it, if your top hats wear prematurely with the same aftermarket suspension then the dealership may refuse to service the parts because there is a direct connection between your aftermarket parts and the stock top hats that may cause premature top hat wear.

If your dealership is mod friendly and they are willing to work with a local parts store I would email them about the hardware you are interested in. Having paperwork that says the dealership is ok with the accessport would give you considerable leverage in the event that you needed warranty support. Also keep in mind that in the event of a large repair it will be Subaru of America making the call rather than your local dealership so you may still not be covered even if your dealership is ok with you modding the tune.

Oh and before I forget, don't forget to wave : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.