Mustang GT vs Me - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Suspended

NoLimiT is an unknown
Mustang GT vs Me

yesterday i raced my boys 03 mustang gt and he burned da shit outta me lol. we were rolling at 15, i have invidia down pipe invidia exhuast, greddy bov, and injin intake, and juts bought a turbo xs up pipe(not installed yet). funny thing is i hear ppl say how there wrx can kill mustang gts w/ just a couple of bolt-ons. i believe dats a bunch of BS, no matter how much i hate mustangs he smoked my ass. how did u do against a mustang gt w/ a couple of bolt-ons on your car??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

Abaddon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Abaddon
Integra GSRs with bolt ons can beat GTs.... My Integra RS (non-vtec) could stay with them pretty good with the few mods I had on it. Unless he has done some sizeable mods, you should've beat him...
#3 Old 07-06-2004, 10:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Phys is an unknown
Anyone here will tell you that racing from a roll is NOT a strongpoint of the WRX. Take advantage of AWD and try it from a stop next time and see who wins.
#4 Old 07-06-2004, 10:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
I never raced one, but I figured they would get a WRX from a roll. I think they run 14.1 in the 1/4 and trap around 100mph. Also, from 15mph was the turbo fully spooled or did you have to wait for full boost to kick in??
#5 Old 07-06-2004, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Real races are from a stop.
#6 Old 07-06-2004, 10:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Abaddon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by WRXtreme
I never raced one, but I figured they would get a WRX from a roll. I think they run 14.1 in the 1/4 and trap around 100mph. Also, from 15mph was the turbo fully spooled or did you have to wait for full boost to kick in??
No way. I think you are thinking about the Mustang Mach 1 or Cobra, the GT definitely doesn't run a 14.1 stock. It has around 250hp and weighs a whole lot. My friends have beat many of them running 15 flat in the 1/4. Definitely take it from a stop if you can tho, the torque the car makes could be why he beat you on a roll.
#7 Old 07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nytmare is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Nytmare
Uhh I was behind one a week or so ago when I was drivin with my gf in the car. He had exhaust and shit not sure what else, but he had his car pinned and I stuck on his ass like a hemerroid (sp). I actually had to let off the gas a cuppla times to prevent hitting him.

My friend also had a rediculous '00 GT, he's still got it but he bought a Lightning and took the 'stang off the road so I never got to race it in the rex. :-( But I'd love to, ### I bet I could've walked that thing. Hell, I beat it in my old Z24 with nitrous.

Mustangs aren't that fast, even though I like'em alot. I think you should've beat him, but I might be wrong.

BTW I have an uppipe and turbo back.

2004 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
-17" BBS rims
-Subaru short throw shifter
-Brushed aluminum interior pieces
-All the goodies, MUCH more to come!
#8 Old 07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Avenger is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by Abaddon
Integra GSRs with bolt ons can beat GTs.... My Integra RS (non-vtec) could stay with them pretty good with the few mods I had on it. Unless he has done some sizeable mods, you should've beat him...
Don't know about that man. My friend owns a Type-R with full exhaust and cams and I can still slightly pull ahead of him. His best is 14.27 @ 100 mph, mine is 13.97 @ 101.9, same track, same day

My car is a 99 GT with a shifter and catback.

Some people are in denial, a well driven Mustang GT can definitely hit 13s right off the showroom floor
#9 Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
280hp to be exact for the GT and Cobras run deep 13s. As for the Mach 1, they are only about .1-.2 sec faster in the 1/4 mile.
#10 Old 07-06-2004, 04:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Avenger is an unknown
A few facts from a Mustang enthusiast

99-04 Mustang GTs (16v N/A), rated at 260 hp, dyno 225-230 rwhp and run 13.9-14.3 depending on the driver

Mach1s (32v N/A), rated at 305 hp, dyno 275-280 rwhp and run 13.2-13.5

03-04 Cobras (32v supercharged), rated at 390 hp, dyno 355-380 rwhp and run 12.7-13.0
#11 Old 07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Abaddon is an unknown
I guess the ones I have raced were just really bad drivers then. One of them I know was an automatic but if the car is supposed to be that good then it must just be the drivers down here....
#12 Old 07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Suspended

NoLimiT is an unknown
DAMN i feel like shit now. if a grs w/ bolt-ons can beat a gt then wtf is wrong w/ my car . i know im a decent driver. i dont know to much about mustangs but from reading all this a mach 1 is fatser then a gt???
#13 Old 07-06-2004, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Avenger is an unknown
NoLimit, first of all, I don't think an Integra GSR w/ bolt ons can take on a stock Mustang GT.

Secondly, are you sure the Mustang you raced was a stock GT ? GT w/ bolt ons can easily run 12s.

BTW, yes Mach1 are WAY faster than GTs. GTs have 16 valves, single over head cam engine and redline at 5800 RPMs. Mach1s have 32 valves, double over head cam engines that redline at 6800 RPMs. The 4v heads flow A LOT more than the 2v.

Hope that helps !
#14 Old 07-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Suspended

NoLimiT is an unknown
well all i know is dat he said its a v8 and im ####en heated dat i lost to him cause i hear all this shit about how mustangs r slow and to heavy, so i talked all this shit to my boy and got smoked hahahahaha. i felt short as hell when i smoked my ass. couldnt say a word after he beat me. but my car isnt running right also its 3rd gear feels weak as hell and turbo doesnt boost until 4000, i guessing cause i dont have a utec
#15 Old 07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
I just beat a Mustang GT in the quarter by about 7 car lengths. It had exhaust and some other basic bolt on. To be fair he also had 130,000 miles and two 15's in the back seat. I wish you guys could have seen his face when I told him it was a 4 cylinder with exhaust!

Boostin