Subaru WRX Forum banner

monthly payments

8K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  MilesFox 
#1 ·
what are the ussual ball park estimates for monthly payments for a 05 wrx if i put down a 5-6k down payment if the car cost 15,000?

#3 · (Edited)
depends on APR and all that. 226.00 is high.... shop around at progressive.com for insurance. Some ppl here are paying 300.00+ for insurance WTF

Finance 10K @ 6.5% for 6 yrs is about 200.00 a month. 15K for 3 yrs is 265.00 or so.

#8 ·
don't put any money down, put it in a 2yr c.d at 4% and make money. Your going to lose some money right off the bat. As for insurance, you are under 25, but how is your driving and credit record. That is how they judge your ins price. So if you have a good driving record, but crappy credit your going to pay a higher premium, or the other way around. If both are bad then your F#$*ed!!! Also even if you have great credit, on a used car your interest rate is going to be 7% or higher. Don't take a 6 yr loan on the car, do a 60 month, or if you can afford the payments do a 3-4year loan

#9 ·
my credit is very good i always make payments and i have a clean driving record esurrance wants 526 a month im like WTF!!!!! the cheapest one was allstate which wanted 200 for the cheapest plan and 350 for the highest, i cant afford to pay off a car in 3-4 years thats way to high for payments im gonna have to do 5-6 year plan then, so your saying the more years i have ont he plan the more ill be paying a month?

#11 ·
be careful.... I got raped when it came to buying my car!!!... i pay 530 a month for the car for 6 yrs and i have great credit.. however im only 21.. and i was upsidown on my previous car...so i guess im paying for more than one car... and im a girl.. but being a girl did help for the ins ..I have both the WRX and the mustang COBRA.(thats a killer)... and i only pay 238 a month for ins... try safeco that is where i have my ins thru :)

#15 ·
lucky , but once you turn 25 your auto insurrance goes down since your really not a kid anymore, it could be really high for me since i live in ny im paying 135 right now for a jetta and when i saw the 202 for a high performance car compared to my "Family sedan" jetta at 135 a month

#16 ·
wow, some of you guys should consider yourselves LUCKY. right now as a 20 year old guy, im paying $409 a month for the car plus $320 a month for insurance. Insurance will drop over $100 once i turn 21 but until then i have to bend over and take it like a man just for the love of the boxer :beatentod

#17 ·
Kelley Blue Book - Enter Your ZIP Code

Put in how much, how long, and at what % and it will give you the exact payments.

The REAL question you are asking though (or should be asking) is what %s are reasonable. That of course matters on the term of the loan. Longer loans have higher rates. That question has a lot to do with your credit rating which you did not give...

#18 ·
wow, some of you guys pay more for insurance than i do for rent. makes me wish i had credit. then again, if i had 600 bucks a month to spend on a car, i would be running my own business with that money instead. well, i kind of do anyway, just not with that kind of money.

i pay 75/mo for AMFAM regular liability, includes renter's insurance and comprehensive on my camper, and multiple car discount. i would pay 125/mo for 2 cars

#19 ·
MilesFox, that was uncalled for.

You seem to have a drastic concept of excess if you think a $25k car is a waste of money... Have you never seen a BMW before or something? Let alone the world's assortment of exotics...

#37 ·
i dont think 25k is a waste of money. however, that would equal 2 years income for me. go buy me a scholarshop and give me a job.

i can buy whole cars for what a monthly payment would cost. if i had 25,000 dollars i would put it towards a house, building, or business venture.

so as far as what its worth, would i want to spend 25,000 dollars on one car, or just be happy with the 5 cars i already have?

#20 ·
I agree with MOSC i not only pay the 530 for my subie.. i pay 500 for the COBRA... i pay about the same in car notes that i do for my mortgage... plus full coverage ins for both cars... im 21 and you wouldnt belive someone my age pays that much for what i have... however i did go from a 2006 brand new bought in 2005 FOCUS... to the WRX.. and i wouldnt go back.. NEVER... My interest rate is aweful for the subie that is why it is so much... Be carefull and read the fine print :)

as far as 202 a month for ins for the sti... that is really good.. i would take it..

#27 ·
is the wrx still as fun as an sti? i never been in a stock wrx or one just an exhaust and and a tune, ive only been in a stock sti and OMG!!!! and a wrx with sti trans and turbo . my friend has a stock evo and when he floors it with just me in it i dont really get pushed into the seat as much as the wrx with the sti trans and turbo

#29 ·
I believe that you can have just as much fun in the WRX. I love mine. I have been in a stock 05 friends. It was noticably quicker, but you can always mod, or do whatever. Price was a big factor for me. If you have never driven one, Im sure you will enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.