Subaru WRX Forum banner

me bug eye from mn!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CARiD 
#1 ·
What's up I'm Josh! New to wrx tuners and wrx platform kind of I also have a 05 Forester xt. I work at a salvage yard just south of the metro(st Paul/Minneapolis). &I find aftermarket Subaru goodies all the time! Actually most of my parts I have on my car are from my work haha.

In to the mods it Has now.
Sti wing
02-03 sti scoop
07 transmission slave and master cylinder clutch flywheel rear differential.
Hks ssqv(not a fan) but I have a Cobb xle biv/bpv that I want to swap over to, but I'm unsure of how they sound so I don't want to do if I'm not going to like it & YouTube doesn't do the xle justice.
Gm 3 port ebs
Invidia downpipe
Apexi midpipe
Custom blast pipes out the back sounds amazing and loud.
Aem cold air intake I hate it, but I'm switching that out with a spt hard pipe short ram.
Cobb heat shield and under drive pulley.
Fortune auto 500 coilovers
Subaru short throw shifter
Rota g force wheels(17x8.25)
Tuned at 18 pounds by nf performance.

Parts I still have to put on
Grimmspeed tmic & splitter
Greddy boost(bars not psi)& egt gauges
20g turbo
Perrin inlet pipe
Samco hoses
Full blown fuel pump
1200cc injectors
Obviously retune after installing those parts. And hope to be faster then a sti haha.

I purchased my first rex a month ago she's in need of some tcl & help. It's a bjp bugeye with minor front end damage from the previous owner hitting who knows what.

But my issue that I can't figure out is when I take sharper right hand corners like on ramps, clover leafs, normal road corners I.e. Like 90° intersections I get a mild to pretty Damn aggressive vibration. Like I said only when I'm turning to the right. I read up about the viscous coupler problem but every thread says that it only happens at full steering lock. my problem happens if the steering wheel is turned 45° if I'm taking a right fast enough

But any way here is a couple photos of my cars.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join! Wow, that' impressive list of mods in your intro message. You did a great job!

I am sure you will find tons of useful information and more great ideas for your WRX here.

If you get stuck on anything feel free to ask away. People are friendly here and always willing to share and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.