Subaru WRX Forum banner

This may be a dumb question but...

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ManicsWrX 
#1 ·
I was wondering... you know how in fast and furious, everytime they shift, the shifter makes that noise, like its metal on metal contact... is there a mod or some sort of metal bushings that makes that noise? ive been very curious...

o yea and also, wats the distance between mount to mount for a WRX spoiler... ive been looking into gettin a new spoiler... i want to get one that i can mount straight onto the stock holes

#2 ·
no offense ment, but F&F is a movie. ...and a bad one at that. ive never heard a shift in a healthy street trans that made a "cool" noise.

as far as upgrading the shifter, a good set of bushings and a semi short throw (75%) or so is the best way to go. look at the kart boy set-up for a quality product.

#11 ·
yeah I was gonna say, if you want a cool shifting noise buy an SSQV and then go from there.

I doubt you will want any cooler sound after that, but if you do. There are lots of DSM drivers (and VW drivers) who use metal washers instead of shifter bushings... gives it a REALLY solid link. Dunno if it is OK to do with a wrx, but it changed the feel of my VW completly.

#14 ·
then after you spend 8k on a dogbox style tranny you can have fun driving it on the street and servicing the fluid and blocking rings every other oil change.

P.S.; if you buy diamond plated floor mats they wont fall out the bottom of your car !Thumbs Up

just kiddin

not really they will!! ROFL

throw that movie away it only brings out the ricer in you and nobody wants to see that

#15 ·
woznin49 said:
then after you spend 8k on a dogbox style tranny you can have fun driving it on the street and servicing the fluid and blocking rings every other oil change.

P.S.; if you buy diamond plated floor mats they wont fall out the bottom of your car !Thumbs Up

just kiddin

not really they will!! ROFL

throw that movie away it only brings out the ricer in you and nobody wants to see that
I daily drive my dog box without any probs...but it did take me a while to learn how to.....with that note..best racing tranny ever.

#20 ·
absolutexk said:
i think some ppl have me confused.. its not the noise from the tranny or the bov... its from the shifter it self... actually yes its the click noise from shifting like it goes INTO the gear and makes a click noise
yeah.. remember that's a movie. They add in sound effects all the time. How many movies have you seen, where someone has a pistol, with the slide locked back (meaning that the weapon can't be fired), yet a flash somehow appears from the muzzle, and the person they were shooting at gets a bullet in the forehead? I have seen it too many times to even count.

Movies are highly unrealistic. Maybe their clutch pedals are loose? Rings clicking against metal shift knobs?

Oh yeah, and when you use nitrous, time doesn't distort, and you don't go in to hyperspace like they do in those retarded ass movies.

And don't tell me that Need For Speed Underground is a great game either. 120 in a curve on a wet road? And you still have traction? yeah right...... :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.