Looking for a reference picture of rear fender liner - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
tgm
WRXtuners Member

tgm is an unknown
Looking for a reference picture of rear fender liner

I took my car ('10 WRX 5-door) in yesterday to the dealer due to the mud guard portion of the passenger rear fender liner having popped on the outside of the body kit. I told the service guy to have them look at the top of the liner too since I noticed a bulge when I cleaned off the snow from our latest snow fall (not sure if it's always been there). They were nice enough to put the mud guard back on the inside of the bodykit but I don't think they even looked at the bulge (since they didn't say how much it would be to fix it or even ask if I wanted that taken care of) and when I got home the bulge was still there.

The tech recommended getting rally armor mudflaps which I'll likely do but I'm not very impressed with the fact that I couldn't make it through the first real snow fall without problems (or that that wasn't recommended when I bought it). The service guy said it wasn't covered under warranty, but I'm guessing he meant the mudflaps. I want to call them back but also want to be a bit more informed since I hate dealing with service guys (not techs) since they rarely ever seem to be able to figure out what I'm talking about or manage to relay things well for the techs.

I attached a picture of the bulge from the passenger side rear liner. The location is somewhere in the 10-11 o'clock area of the liner on the outside edge. I looked on the driver's side but it's noticeably different. There are two slits in approx the same area and a push screw, neither of which are on the passenger side.

Anyone with a '10 WRX that could snap a picture of their rear passenger inside for a reference? I feel like a bit of a whiner, but with only 5K miles on the car, this also feels like something that shouldn't happen or should get taken care of.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

anxiouz is an unknown
Whoa. I just installed Rally Armor mud flaps on my 11 WRX hatch this afternoon. Regardles...that warping you have is NOT normal. That plastic liner is pretty darn rigid so to see it warp like that is really odd.

Can you get any pics from farther away so I can see where that is exactly? There are clips all over the wheel wells that keep the lining in place so I'm not sure how/where that can warp like that.

And mud flaps or not, they will not fix your issue since the flaps just go over the lining and do not reattach it or secure it more firmly or anything. They just cover the lining.

Steve ... '11 WRX H/B ... Perrin Stage 2
#3 Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
tgm
WRXtuners Member

tgm is an unknown
Attached is a distance shot of the area and the bulge. You can see that aren't any clips and I'm skeptical that snow build up could have done that as there doesn't seem to be any sign up plastic fatigue (and clearly it's way higher than mud flaps). The third pic is of the driver's side in about the same area. You can see there's a clip and two slits in the liner.

I didn't notice the bulge when I put on the snow tires, but I wasn't really paying attention since it was pretty cold out at the time and I was sitting more straight on, which you can't see it then.

I'm not crazy for thinking they should cover it right? That's all I'm looking for.
Attached Images

#4 Old 12-29-2010, 08:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Ouch man

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD