Launch vs SRT4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mayhemsm is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to mayhemsm
Launch vs SRT4

Dose this sound right or am I still shit at launching?

Me and my srt4 buddy got a few runs in yesterday he's a better driver than me but I'm wondering if the SRT4 just launches pretty decent or what. Off the line I take off and he's back at about my rear bumper then just hangs there till bout 70 when he hits 3rd then he fly's past me. (he's not stock he has the mopar stg1 and has raised his boost to 19psi with new wastegate). He has 225 bf g-force sport tires that are pretty sticky he was launching at 4k with little wheel spin.

So what do you guys think? Do I still just suck at the launch or dose that sound about right? (Oh btw its the 2005 srt4 with the good LSD)

06' TR WRX 20g @ 19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 01:41 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The SRT4's have a little bit bigger turbo and at 70mph and the gear that he is in is perfect for him to hit his stride.What rpm are you launching at?You really have to pratice slipping the clutch on the Subaru's.I would recommend a stage one clutch and alittle bit lighter flywheel if you can afford it.What are your mods?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mayhemsm is an unknown
I was launching at 5k and was watching the RPM's closely I didnt loose RPM's on the launch, but perhapse my clutch / throttle work wasnt as 'fast' as it could be if ya know what I mean? Anyway right now she's all stock 06' except for an Invidia catback. (this will change end of next week AP is on the way (back ordered) and DP is sittin next to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
The SRT4's have a little bit bigger turbo and at 70mph and the gear that he is in is perfect for him to hit his stride.What rpm are you launching at?You really have to pratice slipping the clutch on the Subaru's.I would recommend a stage one clutch and alittle bit lighter flywheel if you can afford it.What are your mods?

06' TR WRX 20g @ 19psi
post #4 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:17 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemsm
I was launching at 5k and was watching the RPM's closely I didnt loose RPM's on the launch, but perhapse my clutch / throttle work wasnt as 'fast' as it could be if ya know what I mean? Anyway right now she's all stock 06' except for an Invidia catback. (this will change end of next week AP is on the way (back ordered) and DP is sittin next to me)
The TBE and tuning will make a HUGE difference especially on a 06'.Make sure you get a new turbo heat sheild as i don't think the factory one will fit on a aftermarket DP.Upgraded I.C. hoses,drop-in filter and turbo inlet pipe will help with a little quicker spool up and top end breathing.Removing the intake resonator helps as well.These are common mods for the WRX's.I recomend searching all of the Subaru sites and reading the F.A.Q.'s and stickies to figure out your opinion of these mods.I like them and find that they do help and are worth the $.Some will disgree.Depending on your mechanical skill,i can recommend porting,polishing, ceramic coating and gasket matching the exhaust manifolds and turbo.Materials for that are very,very cheap and it produces great results but is very time consuming and requires some mechanical skill.

post #5 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

FuBuRaCeRs is an unknown
Quote:

screw slipping the clutch. rev it up to 5k and drop that bitch. you have AWD for a reason, its gonna hook up no matter what!
post #6 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mayhemsm is an unknown
Yeah your right its gona hook up nice and hard... It'll be so fkin sweet! Then theres the added bonus of the loud crack / snap / bang sound as I see parts of my axel's in the rear view, if not my whole tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuBuRaCeRs
screw slipping the clutch. rev it up to 5k and drop that bitch. you have AWD for a reason, its gonna hook up no matter what!

06' TR WRX 20g @ 19psi
post #7 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

FuBuRaCeRs is an unknown
Quote:
Yeah your right its gona hook up nice and hard... It'll be so fkin sweet! Then theres the added bonus of the loud crack / snap / bang sound as I see parts of my axel's in the rear view, if not my whole tranny.

well some people view that as the price you are gonna have to pay to defeat the skittle.
post #8 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mayhemsm is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
The TBE and tuning will make a HUGE difference especially on a 06'.Make sure you get a new turbo heat sheild as i don't think the factory one will fit on a aftermarket DP.Upgraded I.C. hoses,drop-in filter and turbo inlet pipe will help with a little quicker spool up and top end breathing.Removing the intake resonator helps as well.These are common mods for the WRX's.I recomend searching all of the Subaru sites and reading the F.A.Q.'s and stickies to figure out your opinion of these mods.I like them and find that they do help and are worth the $.Some will disgree.Depending on your mechanical skill,i can recommend porting,polishing, ceramic coating and gasket matching the exhaust manifolds and turbo.Materials for that are very,very cheap and it produces great results but is very time consuming and requires some mechanical skill.
Yeah I didnt wana cut my heat shield so I ordered some heat wrap I think it'll do the job ok, if not ill buy a heat shield too. I also got a perrin dropin filter here just came in an hour ago. I took out the resonater like the first week I had the car I dono bout the porting, polishing, and coating I've never attempted somthin like that and wouldnt have a clue where to start. Whats gasket matching tho?

06' TR WRX 20g @ 19psi
post #9 of 41 Old 06-10-2006, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Quote:
Please refrain from giving advise like this, you try that with your car and you'll replacing gearsets soon. I guarantee it.

Quote:
Whats gasket matching tho?
Gasket matching is porting the part to match the gasket's size. This is done to improve flow.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 06-11-2006 at 01:21 AM.
post #10 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 01:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

ScoobyWRX is an unknown
Even when you do dump the clutch the car just bogs. Don't be a square, dont dump your clutch dude.
post #11 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

FuBuRaCeRs is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyWRX
Even when you do dump the clutch the car just bogs. Don't be a square, dont dump your clutch dude.

i dump mine at 5k all the time. problem free scooby!!!
post #12 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
You forgot to tell him to bounce it off the rev limiter when you launch and shift. Where did you learn your technique from?Was it from the "Fast and The Furious" or "2Fast,2Furious".Maybe "Knight Rider" where you push the turbo boost button to launch."Micheal,I believe you have blown the motor and the tranny at the same time","Sorry,K.I.T."

post #13 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

ScoobyWRX is an unknown
Well keep on dumping then...
post #14 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

ScoobyWRX is an unknown
Yea, he's going to be the winner of a brand new broken tranny.
post #15 of 41 Old 06-11-2006, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

FuBuRaCeRs is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicsWrX

Yea this Fububoner sounds like a REAL winner

are you making this into a racial issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement