Subaru WRX Forum banner

Keep getting p0172 code with straight pipe and ets intake on ots stage 2

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and as a wrx owner.. I have a killer b jpipe (catless) with a custom 3" all the way back exhaust with a ets cold air intake. I am on a stage 2 ots map and I keep getting fuel system too rich bank1 code once or twice a day and am running stupid rich with sometimes horrible cold start and sometimes when slowing down car would shut off(only happen 3 times). I am getting a pro tune tomorrow but I am wondering if anyone has had this issue before? Thanks!!

#3 ·
I truly don't believe the Catted part would be an issue as my first thought would be that intake.

2 choices:
1. Put the stock intake back on. Do a boost leak test. Take it for a drive and see if that fixes your problem. (I heard someone on this forum sells them at a great price!)
2. Keep everything you have on. Do a boost leak test. Then get a protune which will use every bit of what you have installed on there and make it run like a champ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.