Just purchased 2017 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-19-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

troyjoc is an unknown
Just purchased 2017 WRX

Hello everyone!

Today I purchased a 2017 WRX Limited (auto). It came from the factory with the STI exhaust as an option, and it's Black on Black. I have always been a car enthusiast and really intrigued by these cars (I am 35). I recently moved to Colorado and thought that it was a great excuse to buy one before the winter. As soon as I got behind the wheel I was hooked... Definitely a fun car and I am eager to log some hours in it!

I look forward to learning from everyone, and slightly modding my car as I go.

My one question to you all is: What can I expect from this car as I put some miles on it and really get to spend some time in it?

-TJ
2017 WRX Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 10:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
WELCOME!

When you say Auto do you mean the CVT? The CVT can't really hold much more power than stock.

Otherwise as much as it might sounds stupid. When it snows find a big area to play in. I do it to have fun but to also find the slipping point, gripping point, how to properly correct the car and where the suspension needs helps. Snow and in dirt are the best to really test the car.

A lot of people feel invincible with there Subie while others still drive like a grandma.

Also make sure to really be good about your oil changes. I don't care what Subaru says... you have a new engine. Oil change @ 500 / 1500 / 3000 an then every 3k from there.

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #3 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 11:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

ic3b3rg is an unknown
Garage
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjoc View Post
My one question to you all is: What can I expect from this car as I put some miles on it and really get to spend some time in it?
Lots of fun, mostly! Something that caught me off guard was how friendly other Subaru drivers can be. If you pass another WRX/STI they WILL wave to you, haha. Never got that with any other type of car I've driven. I second the 3,000 mile oil changes, you'll thank yourself later. The skid-plate is a minor annoyance but changing the oil is just as simple as any other car, otherwise. Also, try to use the absolute best gas you can to maximize performance and efficiency. I'm not sure what your options are in Colorado with the elevation but in Ohio we have the choice of 91 and 93, typically. My car seems to run a lot better with the 93.

Also, I'm not sure what tires are coming on the new models - if they are summer performance tires you may want to look into another set of wheels for the winter to get maximum grip. I'm currently running all season tires for daily driving with a supplemental set of steelies wrapped in Blizzaks on standby for when it gets really bad (typically only a couple times a year in Ohio). Probably the best $400-600 "mod" you can buy for an AWD vehicle.