Just my introduction to the foum. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-18-2014, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
Just my introduction to the foum.

Hey everybody, new wrx owner, but a long time fan of Subaru. Yesterday I got my 2002 Subaru WRX and am absolutely loving it. This is just a post to introduce myself to everyone. I have read these forums many times before and have read the rules and other things like that.
Now onto my car. As I said its a 2002 Subaru WRX. The previous owner (and the only other owner) has modified it a bit. First off there is a VF48 Turbo that is in the 2008-2011 Sti's under the hood along with the Sti top mount intercooler. I am unsure of how many lbs of boost it is running now but the previous owner said it had around 290hp right now. It also has a Cobb intake, and 4pot Subaru front bakes and 2 pots in the rear. That is all it has performance wise I believe and then it has some other things like a head unit, speakers and other things like that. He also gave me 2 sets of wheels. Some Volt Racing wheels wrapped in a street tire, and some SSR wheels wrapped in a all-seasson. If you like I can check the brand of the tire if you're curious but as for specs both are 17 inch wheels with a 225 tire. Also, don't quote me on that Horsepower rating that's just what the last owner mentioned to me.
Okay so thats the car. Tell me what you think I should do as I just received the car (Take it to Subaru for an inspection?)
I'd also like to add that I am a 17 year old guy named Tucker from up in Northern Illinois. I am not some kid though that'll ruin the car, so please when I say I am 17 don't think I am some ricer that'll redline every gear and hoon my way around town because I don't. I drive the limit and keep it under 3k rpm's while driving around and try to be mature as possible.
So, that's it. I will add some pictures below of the car. I only have some crappy ones right now but I am aspiring in photography so expect a lot better soon!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-18-2014, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
Forgot something...

Okay so i realized that i posted this in the wrong forum section as there is a New members forum so I would just like to apologize for that.

The thing I forgot, which I am confused to how I could forget this, is my exhaust!

The exhaust on this car is a Borla Hush. Gives it a nice rumble as I drive and it's not too loud, but also not too quiet.
#3 Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
More importantly what kind of engine management system does it use? Also for that turbo you'd need upgraded injectors and fuel pump, not to mention a few other things....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
I have to get the full details from the last owner, sorry I don't have them right now. He used a Cobb Accessport V2 to mess around with it. Any information on what I should do/ what I need to do will be appreciated.
#5 Old 01-18-2014, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
its actually real important that you get that information, a wrongly tuned car is very bad.
#6 Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
Yeah I know. I will get it inspected by Subaru because I do believe they do free inspections and then I know a guy that will be able to help me check the tune to see how its running.
#7 Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'll bet your up pipe is swapped along with down. And as mentioned above, so is your fuel.

Welcome

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#8 Old 01-18-2014, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sub14WRX is more helpful than not
Garage
Welcome to the Subaru world.
As previously said I would also get bigger injectors.
Also, save up for an Accessport (if he didnt give you his) , Get a fresh tune just to make sure
it is tuned correctly.

Have fun with it man
#9 Old 01-19-2014, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks for sharing, keep us posted!

John
07 WRX
#10 Old 01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
Mod List!

Okay guys got the mod list from the guy and here it is as he sent it to me, and yes he did give me his accessport and I am going to probably get it tuned soon to make sure it's running well. So here's the list

UPGRADES:
Cobb SF Intake
STI TMIC
Cobb 3" catted downpipe
Borla Hush cat back exhaust
catless up-pipe
SPT short shift gear lever
vf48 turbo
Deatschwerks 650mm injectors
Cobb Accessport v2 running IA performance map (conservative tune)
Eibach front swaybar
Kartboy end links
Upgraded rear swaybar
Alpine XDA-100 head unit with Alpine KCE-250 Bluetooth module
Alpine SPR17/ SPR13 speakers
Alpine PDX-5 ampilifier
JBL 12"subwoofer
Subaru 4pot/ 2pot front and rear upgrade
17" rims with BF Goodrich Rival summer tires (225/45/17) 1/2 season of use
17" Speedstar rims with Michelin Primacy PA3 winter tires (225/45/17) 1/2 season of use
#11 Old 01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

TuckersWRX is an unknown
Just received another email and the recent owner said he had a Walbro 255 fuel pump installed as well.