Just bought a WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

effenduh is an unknown
Just bought a WRX

I bought my 2012 WRX 5door in blue pearl today. i had to order it from japan. does anyone know how long it takes to come in? the dealer told me anywhere from 8-20 weeks. also i want to get some mods in before i go off to college. any suggestions on what i should mod first? i did get the SPT exhaust and the short shift but i forgot the turbo gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-25-2012, 05:16 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Start researching and learning about the car before anything else. Knowledge is one of the best things to have when it comes to these cars. On of the best power/safety things for the car is something other than the stock tune. Subaru has an awful tune on their cars from the factory. Whats your budget and goal for the car?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

effenduh is an unknown
1,000 is max. since my parents are lending me the money i want to save as much as i can. what do you think is a good tune?
#4 Old 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I personally have been running the Cobb AP since the day it came out for my car. I have had it for just over 5 years now. Ran it from stage 1 all the way up to my custom mapping with my 20G turbo now. But some think its spendy. So do some reading on both the Cobb AP and opensource. There are good amounts of info on this site alone. See which suits you and your budget and then try and make a decision from there.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome, enjoi your new ride

....................................CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#6 Old 02-25-2012, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

effenduh is an unknown
thanks! the next couple of months are gonna go by so slow
#7 Old 02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
I'd purchase the AP after you break the car in. Than maybe a intake. Otherwise enjoy the car!
#8 Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
nix the intake, find a good independent shop that has a good tuner, and get a good tune onto that car (AP or opensource, whatever he prefers). Then, enjoy your car and focus on college (including studying once in awhile).

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#9 Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

12wrx is an unknown
Yikes..I just got my 12 WR Blue 5dr last week after almost 4 mos wait. Ordered early Nov. New Years eve dealer calls and says my car is in. Excitedly hurry there only to realize they had ordered a SEDAN. I say. Sorry they say. March 3 it finally arrives. Hopefully your dealer isnt retarded like mine Call them every day and see if you have a vin assigned to you. Then you can track it via SOA. I was able to find out what boat it was on and when it was to be off loaded in Vancouver, WA. Then it depends on where you are. Took 2 weeks via rail to Chicago and then trucked to me in IN. Good luck I know its hard to wait
#10 Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12wrx View Post
Yikes..I just got my 12 WR Blue 5dr last week after almost 4 mos wait. Ordered early Nov. New Years eve dealer calls and says my car is in. Excitedly hurry there only to realize they had ordered a SEDAN. I say. Sorry they say. March 3 it finally arrives. Hopefully your dealer isnt retarded like mine Call them every day and see if you have a vin assigned to you. Then you can track it via SOA. I was able to find out what boat it was on and when it was to be off loaded in Vancouver, WA. Then it depends on where you are. Took 2 weeks via rail to Chicago and then trucked to me in IN. Good luck I know its hard to wait
Its almost as bad as me getting quotes when I was in the market researching for my wrx. The things they call you back for and the vehicles they say, ive gotten ones for just imprezas, and sti hatchback. Its a shame.
#11 Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dave2 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Start researching and learning about the car before anything else. Knowledge is one of the best things to have when it comes to these cars. On of the best power/safety things for the car is something other than the stock tune. Subaru has an awful tune on their cars from the factory. Whats your budget and goal for the car?
Are the factory tunes still bad on the 2012 WRX's? If so, I'd be thinking of getting an AccessPort right after break-in, but don't want to void factory warranty. I'm still not sure either if selecting the Uninstall option on the AP really does make the ECU like the AP was never installed.
Thanks,
Dave
#12 Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 AM

I havent driven a new WRX, but I dont imagine them getting that much better. The stage 1 tune by whatever source you use really helps smooth out the power delivery.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#13 Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dave2 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I havent driven a new WRX, but I dont imagine them getting that much better. The stage 1 tune by whatever source you use really helps smooth out the power delivery.
Thanks Joshua. I'll have to search more for some WRX factory tune dyno pulls with the AFR's plotted. I haven't found any yet.

Dave
#14 Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 PM

No problem Dave. Check out the Cobb tuning sites. Im sure that one of them have some stock cars graphs some where. Might have to email them, but Im sure they could help you out.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#15 Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

SubySnack is an unknown
I just picked up my new '12 WRX hatch on Friday. Took exactly 9 weeks from my factory order. Good luck.