Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just bought a 2013 WRX...

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just bought a WRX last weekend and look wise it is already almost exactly what I want. The one thing I would like to change, if you have had good luck with it, is the front and rear Subaru emblems. I want to put a different variation of them on there, perferrebly black/charcoal, to seperate my car a bit from others in a tasteful way. Have any of you bought something that was easy to apply and didn't look like shit?

Follow up question. Is there an easy way to remove the "WRX" symbol in the grill mesh? I haven't even opened the hood to look yet but I am bored at work so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks guys,
Michael

#6 ·
You'll want a blow drier or heat gun too to help ya.
The Wrx emblem in front can be removed without taking the grille all the way off. Take out the two screws on top next to the headlights, than remove the push clips along the top.
Now very carefully go in behind it with tin snips and cut the two tabs. This could take up to four small cuts. Than,,,, whalah!

The overlay route will be your best bet too. You can also look around on nasioc for different guys that do it in different styles. Also eBay has them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.