Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just bought 05 WRX looking for info

981 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Just bought an 05 WRX with 160k from 1st time owner it's all stock looking for a good place for info about how the car works: turbo, all wheel drive, motor etc... Looking at what mods to do first. Also looking for clubs or meets around the central va area any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
Welcome to the fourms!

pretty much everything you need to know can be found here: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

this is what you should go over on your car before you mod it: Subaru Mid Life: Replacment of aging items - NASIOC

then when youre done reading all that and giving your car a full service, youre ready to mod: http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/what-do-first-59649/
(the last link looks like it only applies to new cars but the same philosophy applies to used cars. get to know your car before you mod it)

virginia has a pretty big subie scene and is also the home of J-Spec auto so you shouldnt have any trouble metting people :)

Reactions: arcticscythe
#3 ·
If your looking to understand the principals and how they work, HowStuffWorks is a website that offers explanations of all kinds of automotive technologies like turbochargers, and all wheel drive. If you want in depth specifics about Subarus in general Unabombers Manifesto is about as detailed as you can get.

On a car with 160k on the clock your first mods should be routine maintenance. I would recommend performing those tasks yourself so you can get farmiliar with the vehicle but I understand if thats not in your wheelhouse. As for modding Ive outlined it in the What to do first post but a breif overview, Suspension, brakes, then if you have leftover budget add power. Tires, Swaybars and Endlinks are an affordable first mod that really changes the way the car feels in corners. I would start there assuming everything else is in order.

Oh and welcome to the Subaru Community, Dont forget to wave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.