insurance ? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

orcas1013 is an unknown
wow l'm getting raped then. I currently pay 236 a month for an xB!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

edge_as is an unknown
Guys, everyone must understand...not all insurance is the same. Your coverage is the most important thing. If you cause an accident (if you think that's impossible, why do you think they call it an accident) and you send someone to the hospital with a broken leg, arm, or some sort of bodily damage, do you think $25,000 will cover a major injury? It won't. Unfortunately, that is the minimum coverage limits for a lot of states. I have $250,000 per person up to $500,000 per accident in bodily damage converage. You bet my insurance costs more than most people's. However, if I go hurt someone, I will still be driving a cool car instead of having to get rid of it and get a cheaper car because the state garnishes my wages because my insurance wasn't enough to cover someone's injuries. GET THE RIGHT COVERAGE!!! MINIMUM LIMITS ARE A JOKE! Don't do that to yourself. I know everyone wants to save a buck but what does it matter if you have to pay out of your pocket in a bad accident?

edgeautosport.com
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.
#18 Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
+1 to that! 25/50 coverage is pretty much useless... I can pretty much total any car on the road with my coverage limits and still have cash to spare. Plus the bodily injury limits are pretty high for my policy as well.

-Chris
#19 Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Abismo is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgravat View Post
I've thought about switching to a different company. But State Farm has been good to me. I've had them since I was 16, and when I got in my wreck, they made everything simple. They might not be the cheapest, but they are definitely easy to deal with.

About USAA, how do I get it if I'm not a Govt. employee? What if I have a relative that has USAA, does that make me eligible? I know I can look this up with the internets!Laugh!,but I'm feeling a tad lazy atm.
Quote:
USAA membership is a privilege earned by those in uniform — and it's a privilege that can be handed down to their children. Membership is open to:
Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
Adult children of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.1
Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

Im the latter. Son of a Navy pilot.

im at 50/100k coverage.
#20 Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_as View Post
I have $250,000 per person up to $500,000 per accident in bodily damage converage.
I have the same through State Farm. Insurance is called insurance for a reason. Anybody know the straight cost of medivacing someone to the hospital - isn't it around 10 grand, give or take? An ambulance ride is a few hundred at least. Then there are doctor bills, medications, cost to repair/replace the car(s) and/or damaged property, etc. Things aren't cheap... you'll be really happy to have good coverage if you ever need it. Something to think about

John
07 WRX
#21 Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

ColtonLeist is an unknown
I'm a 16 year old boy and my is about 200$ a month. This includes my discount for good grades and safe driver. Without my discount it would be closer to 300$
#22 Old 04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

PSD Operator is an unknown
I am 42, no wrecks, no tickets, have full coverage on a 10 WRX and pay 710.00 a year with State Farm. These rates are for Austin, TX. My outback was 540.00 per year for comparison.
#23 Old 04-16-2010, 08:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tuvok is an unknown
I have liberty mutual and they have a 10% discount for Subaru drivers so........

I have 3 points against me & I pay $133/mo
#24 Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

shaggy is an unknown
wow! i feel really good about my insurance after seeing what you guys are paying. i pay $67 a month full coverage in indiana
#25 Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

MKP53 is an unknown
It really depends on the company and the type of coverage you go with.. I would look around if you really want to find a good deal..this site i'm sharing for state farm has a lot of good information on it and whyagent.com gives endless reasons to get a State Farm agent.
#26 Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

tnguye09 is an unknown
that's weird i thought insurance would cost about $300/month for a WRX if you're under 25. I'm in WA and been paying $180/month under my dad's policy for my 01 mazda protege lol. Clean record, no tickets and 3.8 student back in high school. I'm 20 now though and saving up for an 09 wrx
#27 Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My insurance dropped again... Down to like $64 a month... 500 Ded. collision, 0 ded comprehensive, 100/300 k limits. Got a quote on an sti and it would have been $84 a month for the same coverage.

-Chris
#28 Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

STi_from_DSM is an unknown
If I were you I would dump Geico RIGHT AWAY! When I was looking to get an Evo MR a few years ago, I was 25/m and they were gonna charge me something crazy like $2800/yr. Progressive was the cheapest at around $1600/yr. My buddy has an STi/06 and pays something really cheap through I think Farmers insurance or something I havent heard of.
#29 Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

c10seth is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahq View Post
hi all- new guy here..

i really want to buy a used WRX but people are telling me the insurance is going to be through the roof..is this true? i currently have geico with a clean record..

has anyone else experienced this?? if so, why is it so expensive??

btw..im in new jersey

thanks!!!!
Hey, I'm 24 with a perfect driving record and I was quoted through Auto Owner's at about $650.00 for 6 months on a 02 WRX. My 02 Wrangler now is about $430. I also insure my 03 Suzuki SV1000s on the same policy and that makes it a little more affordable. This is also in MI. Hope this helps.

This is also for full coverage.

Seth

Last edited by c10seth; 09-17-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: left info out
#30 Old 09-22-2010, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

btak is an unknown
I dont know how it is in New Jersey, But im from Michigan and once your older than 25 im pretty sure your rates drop alot as long as your record is pretty clean. Also another thing is that you can sometimes have one of your parents insure it and then you pay for one of their cars which is usually alot cheaper. I pay 636 for 6 months full coverage