Subaru WRX Forum banner

installing springs

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  WRXKidid775 
#1 ·
how difficult is it to install a set of new springs on the car? i have a 06 wrx and i just got in my Tein S.Tech springs and i know labor at a place will be 150+ and also what would u have to remove?

#5 ·
removed the struts change the springs and perform and alignment easy to do if you have a spring machine and an alignment rack... if not good luck. probabley around 400$ + at a shop. i just did 4 struts and an alignement on a chrysler 3 hours labor for the struts and 1 hour for an alignment at 99.95$ an hour..

#7 ·
also if the spring rate is stiffer than the stock spring rate it wont kill the shock that fast.
:confused: the stiffer springs will kill the struts pretty fast, because the spring rate on the s-techs higher than the stock spring rate.

I HAD the s-techs on my car for about 6 months before my struts neede replacing, the ride was bouncy and understeered more. They lower the front too much IMO, yeah its looks great, but not worth the decreased ride quality.

#9 ·
i had to get the 04 strut tops for the rear and I cut the fronts springs 3/4 of a coil to get the height correct, not the best solution but it works for me. it will hold me over until i get my coilovers.

#11 ·
they dont make much of a difference in the sedan, but if you put sedan springs on a wagon the front sits higher then it would on the sedan. so that is why i cut the coil to drop the front a little so it wont have the saggy butt. I think most of the pics. in my profile are from when I had the S-Techs on there. its at pretty much the stock height right now, I should probally update my profile!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.