Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   How to hotwire a WRX (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/how-hotwire-wrx-13344/)

Vew 07-15-2006 05:05 PM

How to hotwire a WRX

I'm not asking, but we discovered how. Nick and I acciently found out how to do it when we were installing stuff on my car yesterday. It's scary easy, and I'd only take a max of like 2 minutes to do. We took photos since I was already taking photos for my how to. I guess I could also make a how to on hotwiring an Impreza, but I don't know if I want that information out there that readily avaliable.

EDIT: I should have made this a poll, but I can't now. How many people think I should post the information how?

EDIT #2:

It's a lot easier than you all think. This is for EDUCATIONAL purposes ONLY. I hold no responsibility the way you use this knowledge. It's nothing you couldn't find out by tinkering on your own or reading the repair manual. Entering a car or starting up a vehicle that is not yours is AGAINST THE LAW. Well, here it goes. The images are only temporary until I need the space again.

EDIT #3: Removed. It was only a temperory thing to stir up some interesting conversation... about badgers apparently. Anyways, if you missed out and I trust you, I'll forward you the photos, otherwise, don't bother PMing me. :rolleyes:

EDIT #4: More info removed.

trek98xc 07-15-2006 05:10 PM

I would find it to be a good thing to know.

Nose Nuggets 07-15-2006 05:11 PM

awwwww crap....
how easy are we talking? cross a couple wires and your in? ya know what, it doesn't matter, dont post it. call SOA and see if they give a shit.

[QUOTE]I would find it to be a good thing to know.[/QUOTE]
yeah, you and a thousand people who dont own wrx's

yet

Ian 07-15-2006 06:11 PM

I don't know about you but I don't want my car stolen, so a big NO on that

bigbadbuddha 07-15-2006 06:34 PM

+1 with Ian... Our cars are the most stolen in North America. Don't need to make it any easier.

9d2TSi 07-15-2006 08:21 PM

It doesn't really matter, I have the UTEC and it's "somewhat anti-theft" feature. But, all in all, if someone wants your car bad enough, it's gone. The only thing that's going to help you is a nice alarm, and that's even up for debate. If someone was to steal my car, I don't want it back. Insurance pays it off, I get a new one.

Post it Jon. :cool:

j429b 07-15-2006 08:31 PM

I would like to know but I don't want everyone else to know lol. It's really not that hard to steal a car, although I have never hotwired one so I don't know how hard that is. You guys are bringing me back to when I was like 15 with this post, I am going to go look for my toyota master key. So my little brother can't get his hands on it and get into trouble.

eighth08 07-15-2006 10:54 PM

post it. its not like im gonna drive across the country to the lame side just to grab a rex.... or am i?

JiveMasterT 07-15-2006 11:31 PM

STI key imobilizer FTW!

awd>fwd 07-15-2006 11:36 PM

Yeah 06 immobilizer FTW.

Plus, my trannies blown, so you're not gettin very far!ROFL

JiveMasterT 07-15-2006 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=awd>fwd]Yeah 06 immobilizer FTW.

Plus, my trannies blown, so you're not gettin very far!ROFL[/QUOTE]
At least you're good humored about it.!Thumbs Up

Vew 07-16-2006 02:15 AM

Edited for photos and the how to.

awd>fwd 07-16-2006 02:17 AM

[QUOTE=JiveMasterT]At least you're good humored about it.!Thumbs Up[/QUOTE]

No real reason to be mad. I get mad when people use it against me, it is a sore spot, but joking helps me deal with it.

ohhNOwrx 07-16-2006 02:51 AM

What about the steering wheel does it lock?

JiveMasterT 07-16-2006 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=ohhNOwrx]What about the steering wheel does it lock?[/QUOTE]
I would think so... can anyone confirm?