Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Hey new to WRXtuners (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/hey-new-wrxtuners-9306/)

SWRX02 10-14-2005 02:00 AM

Hey new to WRXtuners

Hey, how ya guys doing, Just purchased a 02' Black WRX, traded in my toy 01' honda s2000 for it, Its nice, turbo lag is a killer but its nice, any ideas on what i should do with 1700? I found rims, Enkei PK6's Black with Machined lip, I dont know the offset but does 17X7 5-100/114.38AM sound right? For a grand i get those and tires pretty good deal? What would you do if you had 1700, I want a rally bov, tein springs, and those rims, and what exhaust should I go with? and Im not getting into the whole CAI discussion.. read that thread, thanks for your time, and I hope this isnt anything like Honda-Tech

Nick

socal2fast4u 10-14-2005 02:52 AM

Downpipe is nice, I have the Helix and it is sweet. You can get the UP/DP combo for like $450 (30 WHP or so). I went from the DP right to the Cusco front/rear strut bars and Perrin rear swaybar with Perrin endlinks (should be here next week). I think the rear suspension is more of a wagon thing to do first. All the guys here are very helpfull so good luck w/your ride !Thumbs Up !

Moe 10-14-2005 06:54 AM

Hey whatsup and welcome I just joined the other day to..But for the exhaust, Turboback exhaust doesnt sound bad at all it kinda sounds like a harley and a bov my buddy put a Turboxs Really F****** Loud RFL and it is really loud we drove threw the mall and whenever he shifted there were these kids outside talking and they all turned around and looked it was funny...

ManicsWrX 10-14-2005 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=Moe]Hey whatsup and welcome I just joined the other day to..But for the exhaust, Turboback exhaust doesnt sound bad at all it kinda sounds like a harley and a bov my buddy put a Turboxs Really F****** Loud RFL and it is really loud we drove threw the mall and whenever he shifted there were these kids outside talking and they all turned around and looked it was funny...[/QUOTE]

Lol Yes Moe that was pretty funny, hey its up 4 sale if intrested check out my post. !Thumbs Up Welcome to the forums buddy

Lol.... "Just purchased a 02' Black WRX" U got 06 in ## profile :tease:

its all good! !Thumbs Up Hey though bud feel free to question us there is no harsh ppl here were all pretty cool 2getha.

latinWRX 10-14-2005 09:02 AM

BIENVENIDO!! WELCOME!! With 1700 dollars you could get all those things you want except that the rims would have to be Rotas ([url]www.subydude.com[/url]), and they are REALLY nice wheels for the price. Personally, I went front/rear strut bars, TEIN coilovers, BOV, and UP/DP. Just look around some more... people have various ways of modding their car, but you will find two types: those that scream POWER mods first and those that lean towards HANDLING mods; I'm more in the handling side. As for rims, try to get 17x7.5 with nothing less than a 48mm offset (all the wheels at subydude fit us).

dopekidz 10-14-2005 09:30 AM

welcome to the forum and i hope u have fun with your new rex...happy posting !Thumbs Up

CanadianSub 10-14-2005 10:15 AM

Hello !

BiggSean 10-14-2005 01:52 PM

As far as exhaust goes, it all depends on if you want to heard and seen, or seen and not heard ;) I personally like the borla hush exhaust because of its stealthiness. I have a borla hush catback, perrin downpipe, and i'm probably getting a turboXS cast iron uppipe. I'm also installing a Cobb Acessport at the same time with a stage 2 flash. This will net the car 285 crank hp. With a pro tune it should net about 315 or so (or so the shop tells me)

smores 10-14-2005 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=BiggSean]As far as exhaust goes, it all depends on if you want to heard and seen, or seen and not heard ;) I personally like the borla hush exhaust because of its stealthiness. I have a borla hush catback, perrin downpipe, and i'm probably getting a turboXS cast iron uppipe. I'm also installing a Cobb Acessport at the same time with a stage 2 flash. This will net the car 285 crank hp. With a pro tune it should net about 315 or so (or so the shop tells me)[/QUOTE]

Can you get me a sound clip/movie of the Borla Hush? I'd really really really appreciate it :D I'm looking to put it on my Wagon. I also like the stealthiness, and stock twin tip design.

my other choice will be the Bosal (SPT) single-tip CBE.

BiggSean 10-14-2005 02:14 PM

As soon as I get it on i'll try and get a good clip posted. I'm going to get everything installed next thursday probaby. I'll keep ya posted.

smores 10-14-2005 02:21 PM

cool :) I have found a lot of videos of people with N1-style exhaust, or other "fart cans". I know they sound a little better on WRXes than most 4-cyl cars, but I just can't stand loudness.

Gotta have the silent, but noticable rumble that opens to a roar at high speeds

BiggSean 10-14-2005 02:26 PM

My sentiments exactly.

ManicsWrX 10-14-2005 04:13 PM

Saturday

Saturday Morning

Full turbo back exhaust from Invidia on my 06 rex!! I will post a video of clip "after I clean her" been NASTY weather over in PA, cold/wet

Ian 10-14-2005 08:07 PM

Welcome!

9d2TSi 10-14-2005 08:18 PM

Welcome to the forum bro, enjoy your stay. :)

For $1700, I would tell you to get an uppipe, 3" turbo back, and a Cobb AP. You'll be very happy with the results. !Thumbs Up