hey all - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

jker is an unknown
hey all

Hey not really new to the subaru world I love them but havent owned one yet I currently drive an 08 jeep wranlger and love it to death but I still need to have some fun on the road I live in saskatchewan so its a long way to anywhere lol I'm in the process of importing my first wrx and I'm looking for any info that will help me ie. things I should look for motor trans drivtrain problems anything that will help me make a decision would be much appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
look into doing a stage1 tune on it, as the factory tune is junk.
What year and model are you getting?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

jker is an unknown
not sure yet I was looking at anything older than 07 dont like the new style as much plus there alot more money thats some of the questions I was hoping to get answered which motor is best people that build these cars always have the best opinions on them I'll deffinatly be checking out the sti and maybe some wagons I like the look of them but is there any major differences in handling or power ?
#4 Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Didn't realize you had to have them imported into Canada....Been through Saskatchewan back when I was about 11. Welcome to the forums and to answer your questions, the STi was the best of everything, but the WRX is still a nice performance car for the money.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
It depends on what you want out of the car. The stock ej205 (in the 02-05 WRX) is a 2.0L and from 06+ the WRX got the ej255 which is a 2.5L. So the larger engine makes a bit better/more torque depending ont he use of the car. There are pros and cons to both honestly. Best of luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

jker is an unknown
I dont have to have it imported but for the price im better off it will mostly be highway driving as it is for my girlfriend but you all know how thats going to work lol theres lots of gravel around here and I fully intend on putting it through its paces as I work on the back roads. Ive seen alot more of the ej205's done up is there any reason for this and do all of the wrx/sti's have the DCCD so excited to go rip around in it
#7 Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Only the STi has DCCD. The reason you see so many EJ205's being built up is the fact that what came in a majority of the cars, and most have some age on them so be on the lookout for someone wanting to unload their problem car to you..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#8 Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

jker is an unknown
cool so know I know sti is the way im going then. I dont mind putting some work into an older car but the guy thats importing it for me is pretty good at finding cars in japan if you want flawless he finds flawless but Im still trying to keep it on budget so its most likely going to be a little rough around the edges
#9 Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Can't you just import one from the US???

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...