Subaru WRX Forum banner

help guys i lost the car key. programing key?

13K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Jimmcarry 
#1 ·
i had lost my only car key of my 2004 wrx, the car is park at home, what i can i do, do they have a programable key system?

#8 ·
Once you get a new one go to home depot to have one made i believe its a dolar or 2 but the dealer will charge alot more.. Also i usually drill something out under the car where i can put a bolt with a wing nut on it with a spare so if i lock my keys in the car or something.. Way better then a hide a key and costs nothing if you have misc. bolts and whatnot sitting around.. Havnt got around to it yet on the car but i do it on all my other vehicles its a life saver!

#10 ·
No dont go to home depot. The keys are specially made and if they (home depot, lowes etc.) attempt to recut and u insert key, u could ruin your ignition. I learned the hard way going to the depot. Had to buy whole new ignition. If u need a new one buck up an pay the awful price

#11 ·
wow thanks to every one, i went to the dealer todayand they told me to get the registration and the vin then they can duplicate one for me. so i went home and got my title becasue registration is in my car. i show them my driver license and title and told them the vin, they had everything done in like an hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.