Subaru WRX Forum banner

help with bov?

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Im buying a blitz bov. Besides the kit what extra things will i need to put it in

#16 ·
Before the sh*t-storm on the horizon there is no "BEST Intake" each product has its merits. assuming you are planning on a stage 1 OTS tune the Cobb SF with box is very easy to install and because most people do stage 1 with an accessport the tune procedure is 1/10 on the difficulty scale. With the box you also get the benifit fo using the stock snorkel so your air is "in theory" cooler than engine bay air.

the Cobb SF intake will NOT provide the fastest, coldest or the most dense air but the installation is extremely easy, the tune with an accessport takes 5 minutes and it is louder than your stock intake. Many drivers report being able to hear more from their stock BOV with the Cobb SF so you will get a bit of that "whoost" that some folks love so much. Finally they are very well used across the community so there is support if you have trouble with it.

**TLDR the Cobb SF intake is GOOD, but nothing is the BEST for everyone**

#17 ·
Blow off valves are generally frowned upon, but one with an adjustable spring is better than one without. I have an APS dual vent so that some MAF'd air is recirculated. It only backfires under wide open throttle.

I thought it would spool faster between shifts but I noticed absolutely nill performance difference :( However, I love the sound and the flames FTW!

I feel safer getting a tune after installing it even though I've heard tuning doesn't affect it much. I don't think I would recommend one without a tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.