Subaru WRX Forum banner

Happy owner WRX 2015

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jms0211 
#1 ·
I just got my first Subaru and is a 2015 wrx. Quick question. The car is all stock, and I was wondering what is the most common, cost effective way to increase torque, horse power and performance in general. Can the car be chipped? Any "hadware" that goes along any computer changes? Final and most important question, any advise in how to check if the mechanic place is a good one or not? And if they price for the updates is right? Thanks for the help!!

#3 ·
you will want to look into a cobb accessport. COBB Tuning - Subaru Accessport V3 (004)

its essentially a user controllable piggy back ecu. "chips" are a thing of the past and hondas...

it will allow you to buy simple bolt ons like exhaust and intake and tune your engine accordingly thus unlocking its potential. the 2015+ WRX uses the new FA20DIT motor and not the EJ motor everyone is familiar with. so stuff is still starting to come out every season. the cobb accesport will get you to a good powerlevel you can be comfortable with untill you are familiar with your car and what can eventually be done to it.

as for a mechanic, its hard to find info on that on a global forum. you will need to ask around your local area. you can post where you are and maybe somone reading can suggest one. there are multiple world famous shops that you might be close to, but might cost alot due to their reputation.

#4 ·
I was in the same boat as you...The 2015 wrx was my first Subaru as well and I'm still on a big learning curve. I recently bit the bullet and made the jump to stage 2 from MAPerformance (Accessport, Jpipe, Catback and intake). Of all the cars I have owned and modified I've never had one respond so well to modifications. Not only is there a increase in hp and torque, but the drive-ability of the car is that much better.

Troll the boards (I did and still do) there is a lot to learn here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.