Subaru WRX Forum banner

Got the WRX dynoed!!!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
I posted a few weeks about getting my 03 wrx pro-tuned. Well it's done!! It made 230WHP and 280WTQ. The car has a stock TD04. Also, has a perrin turbo inlet, 450lph fuel pump, 565cc injectors, STi intercooler, Cobb 3port EBCS, Cobb catless up pipe, Unequal Length headers, CNT Racing Catted downpipe and nameless axle back.

Just wanted to let everyone know my numbers!!

#7 ·
Enjoy it at that power level and start planning for a rebuild now, as adding more power to an engine at the end of it's life will only shorten that life.

It's cheaper to rebuild an engine before it fails.

#8 ·
Yeah i'm not 100% sure what i wanna do with it at this point. I just got a new job with better pay so i may end up just selling this and looking into a blob eye STi. But this was my first subaru and has been alot of problems but my favorite car out of them all. So i'm looking to stay in the subaru family just not sure if i'm gonna go with a blob eye STi or blob eye WRX

#10 ·
2004 STI is the best if u ask me. i would have ended up with one but couldnt find one in good enough condition when i needed to buy a new car a few months ago. body/chassis condition is way more important to me as drivetrains can easily be swapped out. and i dont just mean body panels. rusted chassis can be un-fixable

#11 ·
The handling isn't that great. The drivetrain is still the same but the double wishbone rear suspension combined with the DCCD in the 08+ really changes the way the car feels at it's limits. I'd also point to the steering as another thing that's been improved immensely with the 15+ versions. The 04 is lighter and feels more raw perhaps but it also feels light in the back and prone to understeer and a much more disconnected steering response. The 05+ hubs have much beefier wheel bearings which you can mod in but it's not that cheap. On the 04 you can blow wheel bearings in an auto-x season or in 25k miles of fun around town, no joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.