Subaru WRX Forum banner

Got it dynoed and tuned

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  ManicsWrX 
#1 · (Edited)
Not to happy with these numbers...so a FMIC and a upgrade in the turbo is on the way VERY soon.

I will post dyno sheets when I get time this week. But....we dynoed at 242 Wheel HP and 308TQ not bad I guess. But I think we need 2 clear the 300 HP mark.!Thumbs Up

My current numbers :notgood: I dont like....going to have to upgrade. Anyone think of anything else other than FMIC and new turbo? Already got EM-TBE. With those 2 mods I was thinking MUCH higher HP at the wheels !Cry!

Many Thanks to Nate from Slowboyracing for helping me reach these numbers.

#5 ·
I guess the logical reasoning to why his HP#'s are ridiculously high for just EM, TBE, and protune, is because the same reasoning behind 15" rims and 17" rims. You loose power with bigger rims... the dyno measures at the axle... so it's like having is like a 5" rim :p

#6 ·
Ah numbers arent good IMO, but oh well. I have to scan these damn dyno graphs that were printed out and then send them on there way to the site. I will post them soon hopefully. Im in the process of shopping for a FMIC and new turbo. So time will tell.!Thumbs Up

#7 ·
ManicsWrX said:
Not to happy with these numbers...so a FMIC and a upgrade in the turbo is on the way VERY soon.

I will post dyno sheets when I get time this week. But....we dynoed at 242 Wheel HP and 308TQ not bad I guess. But I think we need 2 clear the 300 HP mark.!Thumbs Up

My current numbers :notgood: I dont like....going to have to upgrade. Anyone think of anything else other than FMIC and new turbo? Already got EM-TBE. With those 2 mods I was thinking MUCH higher HP at the wheels !Cry!

Many Thanks to Nate from Slowboyracing for helping me reach these numbers.
!Cry! waaah you only gained like 70+ whp .. tooo baad..

haha just playing, maybe you just expected too much. those are huge gains

#8 ·
:sneaky:
jlagace said:
!Cry! waaah you only gained like 70+ whp .. tooo baad..

haha just playing, maybe you just expected too much. those are huge gains

lol my bas run was 216 at the wheels with a TBE W/no cats and Cobb AP stage 2.

I then installed a Perinn Air Intake and pro tune and got up to 242. Running 17PSI....not to bad but still, I want to be that member of the 300 HP club :cool:

#9 ·
wow.. you are a greedy man! haha just playing but c'mon those are good numbers!
i would think that a bigger turbo/FMIC/injectors and fuelpump would get you closer to your goal then anything else right now. i wouldnt doubt if you landed at 300.

#11 ·
maybe practice launching before you get such high power.. i mean its kinda like learning to drive your first car in a porsche.. you should start with something that is more forgiving.. ie less power.
i mean cause if you do it wrong with 300whp you can really mess up your clutch.. as if you dont mess it up as it is when you launch

#19 ·
You have all that done to your car, and you didnt learn how to launch yet? ROFL
I wouldve learned how to launch before putting all that extra power on. Now if you try to learn and mess up, you will either have a blown to crap tranny, or you will burn your clutch to nothing.

And those numbers are way above what are normally acheived with the same mods. Its probably because of the 2.5l.

btw, HP is for bragging rights, TQ is what moves you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.