general handling question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

deftonesfan7 is an unknown
general handling question

i have had my 06 wrx for about a year and a half now. its getting close to 15k and i am noticing when driving now the car tends to want to pull a little to the left. could this be cause i have yet to have to tires rotated? should i do this soon or should i wait cause in about a month im going to try and get new rims and tires?? any suggestions and help would be great!!!

My car here -> www.cardomain.com/ride/2465242
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXPhil is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXPhil
i would put my money on the tires not being rotated, considering that you havent hit anything, i would just get them rotated so you dont have to deal with the pulling, i think the dealer charges like 14 bucks to do it, but if you dont mind the pull then just wait it out i guess

The devil drives a WRX
post #3 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
i'm guna guess an alignment issue... It's happened to my mom's 05 Honda Odyssey a couple times and we've goten it re-aligned, only like $60 at the honda dealer, when it was still under warranty. since ## car is an 06, try either calling Subaru and asking them, or taking it in to have it inspected, you should be covered by warranty if there is anything up if i am correct.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #4 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
i would put my money on a loss of wheel weights. and probably an unbalanced wheel is moving you about. do you notice any shaking/vibration in the steering wheel? if so, what speed does it occur and disappear at?

there is a super duper easy way to know if your tires need rotating. look at them. if you see substantially difference in ware across the contact portion of the tire then you need an alignment. if you see a gradual difference in ware across the contact portion of the tire you might see some benefit in a rotation.

however, assuming your car is aligned and the wheels balanced, the wear should be equal between the front and rear of each side and shouldn't really be effecting the 'pull' of the car. also, there is always a natural crown or slope on all road surfaces for drainage purposes. have you taken this int account?

if you have a jack and stands you can rotate your tires yourself. will take you 15 minutes.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just like Nuggets said, you can rotats the tires yourself, no problem. But you said you were getting tires and rims anyways. If you can just wait it out, get the new set put on and see how it goes from there.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement