18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-16-2013, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Scotte549 is an unknown
Garage
Gday Guys

Gday guys

Moved here (West Chester PA) from Australia last year and keen to see if i can import my 22B WRX over here. Its a stock car and i will keep it that way as i think it is more collectable that way. I just have to see what i have to do to get it street legal for PA roads so that is the next step. Got a job too with Subaru here so im keen to see what the 2015 STI WRX is like in the flesh but ill never sell the 22B

Cant believe the extra models we get in Australia compared to here too. Anyway keen to have a few drives with any locals when i get the car here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2013, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Other than getting it registered with your local Department of Motor Vehicles I don't see to many issues. Shipping it this far will cost a lot of money and it might have to pass a emissions test as well, not sure how that will work. I do know that only 2 22B's are currently in the US so that is some hope at least.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Shipping a car isn't all that much depending on how you do it. I shipped a Toyota hilux from England and it only cost 1300. From Germany, my dodge truck(non military) was only 950. Both were done via boat and took about a month to get. As for PA DoT. They are fairly strick when it comes to car from another country. If you ever do decide to sell it, I call first dibs!

edit: WAsn't thinking it through. That Australia is a bit further away then where I got my stuff from.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
#4 Old 12-16-2013, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Eff that. I'm closer. LOL. (I want dibs) We have a member that is active from time to time that lives in West Chester, PA and would gladly drool all over your 22B like I would. I live like 45 mins to an hour away.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#5 Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Yea. AUS is halfway around the world, well, NZ is and that's close enough.
I'd guess a few grand to ship.

We do meets on an annual basis. Stay a member and join us with that thing mate!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#6 Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo_kraemer is an unknown
Garage
WOW the fact that there might be a third 22B in the states is nuts. that is one car i would luv to see in person, you have any pix of the Sexy Lady.and hope you get it brought over maybe even bring it over as a show car for the time being.
#7 Old 12-16-2013, 11:57 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
can't register the 22B for public roads in the states but who cares? Put it in a garage where it belongs. In a couple years you can register it as a classic car (20 years old) and LHD etc doesn't matter if you follow the classic car driving restrictions...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 12-17-2013, 05:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
can't register the 22B for public roads in the states but who cares? Put it in a garage where it belongs. In a couple years you can register it as a classic car (20 years old) and LHD etc doesn't matter if you follow the classic car driving restrictions...
Why can't you? Other than emissions regulations that model year passed US crash test standards?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#9 Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Why can't you? Other than emissions regulations that model year passed US crash test standards?
Good question. However, that model never did pass any NHTSA certification tests.

Here's some light reading for you from the NHTSA.

Importation and Certification FAQ's Directory--Import Eligibility Petitions

Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#10 Old 12-17-2013, 07:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
Oh my, Subaru Impreza STi 22B *drool*, *drool*.

Jeremy Clarkson tests an Evo VI vs Impreza STi 22B
Evo VI VS IMPREZA STI 22B - YouTube

"it takes the laws of physics, and just throws them away!"
Attached Images

turmic likes this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#11 Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
Please import that car, or at least put up some photos. The 22B is so pretty....
LW_Black4 likes this.
#12 Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It's a dream Subaru for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#13 Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Now that I think about it, I bet if you contact Subaru of America they may be able to help you out. Because there are only 2 in the US and one is a track only car and the other is subarus, they might want another 22b in the country.
Just a thought
#14 Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Scotte549 is an unknown
Garage
thanks guys

Thanks guys for your replies. I have a price to get it here so thats not the issue. it was $2,500 and I will have it here end of Jan. I would like to get it registered though so will have to do some research on that. I also like the idea of waiting a few years like Mosc said and then having it down as a classic car. Ill look into that too. Im not leaving it in Sydney for my dad to drive thats for damn sure.

I work at a subaru dealership and ill speak to Subaru H/O after christmas. I cant see them being any help though.

Im more than happy to catch up with a few of you guys when it lands and also want to bring it to shows etc. Ill keep an eye out for the annual meet up that you guys do as well and come along to that.
BLAZE2099 likes this.
#15 Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Oh man, if I went into the dealer and they had a pretty blue 22B on the showroom floor as a display car.. I would never go anywhere else.
That wouldn't be a bad place to store it either FOL, climate controlled, close enough to keep your eye on it.