Gas Consumption - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

VANY is an unknown
Garage
Gas Consumption

Hello, RX tuners!
I am a new Subaru owner, I dont do any racing at all but I love fast cars particularly STI's. I was able to purchase a 07 Impreza WRX and that's fine with me! Im a daily driver, at least 70m a day, work to home, its a lot...and this is where my thread begins...i burn liked at least $180/wk of gas and according to some of my friends who has the same car, you have to be an aggressive driver, to save gas huh??? meaning, that I have to reach 3000rpm/shift so, that the turbo kicks in and apparently, it burns less gas than a normal driving. Does this makes sense to anybody there? any inputs will be much appreciated, thanks guys! and enjoy your Subies as much as i enjoy mine!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Your friend is stupid. Be sure to disregard anything he says related to cars in the future.

You said how much you spend, but you didn't say what kind of gas mileage you're getting and what type of driving you do.
#3 Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

VANY is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Your friend is stupid. Be sure to disregard anything he says related to cars in the future.

You said how much you spend, but you didn't say what kind of gas mileage you're getting and what type of driving you do.
that's what I thought! as my calculation, 25m/g. I do daily driving work to home about 70m/day. i spent $80/wk. sorry, typo on the first one!
#4 Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
25 mpg is exceptionally good. I haven't seen that high since a long road trip (no city miles) before they introduced E10, which killed my gas mileage by 10-20%. Most modified WRX see 20 mpg to a tank.
#5 Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Quote:
Bahahaha!!! Your killin' me!!! You don't know how many times I've wanted to say that to a lot of people!

VANY,I do the same thing. I have about a 60 mi round trip to work and back at 55-65 mph And I get between 25-22 mpg. Somtimes as low as 19mpg depending on how spunky I feel. Or how broke I am.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#6 Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

detrails01 is an unknown
Bored, just wanted ta chime in.
Since your turbo is powered by exhaust, it is constantly running. Its only when you start boosting that it murders the mpg's. keeping shifts under 3000 rpm will def improve gas mileage since youre not really boosting but keeping rpms low saves gas in any vehicle really. Turbos will actually help improve fuel economy at low rpm ranges. A lot of car manufacturers are fitting vehicles with turbos just for fuel economy alone. But they are programmed much different than WRX. Cant complain with 25mpg for a car like that. It's always nice to get better gas mileage but its hard to drive that slow sometimes.
#7 Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Tell you friend you decided to run diesel in your tank just to test it out and that you got 37 mpg and that it ran perfect. Then recommend that he try it.

For the record, as soon as you enter boost your gas consumption skyrockets. The better you stay out of boost, the better your gas mileage should be.
#8 Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Quote:
Tell you friend you decided to run diesel in your tank just to test it out and that you got 37 mpg and that it ran perfect. Then recommend that he try it.
Stop it, stop it!! yer gonna' make me pee myself!

I have a stock boost gauge. I found if I keep it on the zero I get my best MPG.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#9 Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Holy sh*t Justin! Hahaha...FOL!!!

OP- stay out of boost= save money

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#10 Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
Come on guys every one knows the best MPG gain is when you pushing over 95MPH and gunning it off the line at every red light....AHAHAHAHA!!