Subaru WRX Forum banner

Fmic

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
I have an 07 tr with stock turbo, i have a friend that is offering to sell me his turbo xs fmic that he never installed on his of subaru because he totaled it, not i have heard that fmic's cause turbo lag with stock turbos. I dont drive me car very hard, i dont take it to the track or anything like that. I just want to get some opinions on whether you think its better to have more efficient cooling, or less turbo lag and does the lag make that big of deal because like i said i dont drive hard, way too many cops around my area, opinions are appreciated. And my friend wants to sell it to me for $500 brand new, piping and all

#4 ·
Well since you don't drive the car hard it's pointless to spend money on something you don't need. Not so much that the car won't gain performance from it, but more so you could use that money to buy something that will give you more hp per dollar...

#9 ·
Loss in performance and risk of insurance denial in an accident. You're not doing anything with that turbo that would warrant that little peashooter having to pressurize all that extra piping and a core designed for 50 lb/min turbos. You will just be reducing throttle response and increasing lag for zero benefit. And insurance adjusters can deny your claim for removing the bumper beam.

#7 ·
Don't install it,
You were answered above. Brfatal said its a no go on a stock turbo and psinuse said you won't see any gains, just be throwing away money.

If you want to learn, search topics and read, read, read.

#8 ·
sorry for wanting to try to possibly get first hand experiences, and no one answered my questions, just sayin you get no gain is not a real reason. just wanted to kno if it could possibly damage my car. but thanks for helping out a fellow subaru owner by just telling him to read something

#13 ·
thanks blaze you are a real helper, i just didnt expect fellow subaru owners to simply just say go read, whats the point of a forum if youre just going to tell someone to read. and the answers i was looking for was something like....you lose hp, it can damage the turbo anything along those lines, nothing in depth just a simple answer, not just saying oh there is no gain

#15 ·
Bottom line. Most answers are already answered.
Little nick nack stuff, maybe not. But regular stuff like this, yes.
I was never trying to be rude. Just help, along with the other guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.