Subaru WRX Forum banner

First Subaru

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CARiD 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a WRX about a month ago. I love it! Finally getting around to posting on a Subaru forum. This website has the best design so I chose to join this one.

The first mod will be window tint. I would like to do an intake, downpipe, and tune in the future but I'm not sure if that hurts the warranty? I have a lifetime powertrain warranty.

PS: thank goodness for skid plates.

My previous 2 cars - they will be missed.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to our forums,

Congrats on your new Subaru. If your started down a mod path I would look at this thread first : http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/what-do-first-59649/

As for your warranty it is rather dependent on the dealership you are working with as to which mods they will allow and which will cause them to deny a warranty claim. Above a local dealership if you need any engine work that would otherwise be expensive you run the risk of Subaru of America choosing to deny a warranty claim. The safest way to keep your warranty is to keep your car stock, but we all know thats not going to happen : )

Again welcome to our forums, See you around.

Oh and don't forget to wave : )

#3 ·
welcome! looks like you traded up :)
ive found that this fourm has a higher percentage of "nice and helpful" people over trolls and jerkwads.

Subaru of America(SOA) can tell if your ECU has been touched (even when reverted to stock) and will pretty much deny any claim after they see this. some Subaru dealerships have performance divisions and im pretty sure they can warranty a tune & minor bolt ons, of course, if you purchase and install through them.

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

It's been a while since I've been on car forums so I'll go ahead and read the "What to do first" link. I should also read the owners manual one day.

The "wave" thing is kinda lame so I'll just give the "rock on" hand gesture if one of you hipsters waves at me. I'll try my best to make you guys cool again, lol. 'merica

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.